PDA

View Full Version : anyone do a swivel mount on dump bed for leaf loader

lawnboyskc
07-07-2012, 01:08 AM
I know its early but grass isnt growing here. i also did search and didnt find what i wanted or go thruogh 20 pages on one thread.

ive seen that gaint vac makes a swivel mount to mount loader on a dump bed and still be able to pull trailer. has anyone done this? i do have billy goat and not gaint vac.

thanks

Kelly's Landscaping
07-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I have 2 leaf trucks in this thread and the gmc has a swing away built on it not sure if this is what you had in mind. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=331589&page=19

Kelly's Landscaping
07-07-2012, 02:40 AM
took a while but found some pics of her doing a huge pile its about 20 ft wide the pics don't show that part. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=357638&page=6

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
We fabri ated a swing away on our older chevy with an iraqou body for our 18 horse billy goat. Worked very well. When closed we used our 16 ft open trailer so we could leave the tube hooked up. When open it would pin to the side of the truck for dumping. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnboyskc
07-07-2012, 08:43 AM
kkellys that exactly what i want.

sounds like both of you fabricated them, did you do it yourselves or take to welding shop? how do you have it mounted to actual truck? I know how heavy the loaders are and bouncing around while driving is a lot of stress.

thanks

Kelly's Landscaping
07-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Yea we created that our selves 10 years ago bought some steel and some pipes that fit in to each other and made a swing away. Taking her off isn't so bad but putting her on each year is rather stressful. The vac weighs nearly 700 pounds so we use a double scissor lift table and line up the hinges then lower it down on them. We use to have a tractor help but when he didn't want to any more we had to come up with our own system and a 4-500 dollar tables a lot cheaper then a tractor or a forklift. But if you don't want to fabricate your own I know giant vac has a 19hp swing away for the trailer hitch and they come in both pick up and rack body sizes.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
07-07-2012, 09:17 PM
We fabbd our own. I dont own the truck anymore or i woupd take ppictures for you. We hinged off the drivers side rear of the body. We had the frame attached to our vac so we would pull the pins on the hinges to install or remove.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLScaper
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't know if this will be Helpful but when i was smaller and ran normally one truck and a smaller crew I mounted the leaf loader on the front of my trailer it was custom fabricated to easily bolt on into the front basket and ran a flex hose into the truck and a 20 ft suction hose off the trailer. This system worked great for years but yes you always need the trailer but you don't need to move the loader to dump the truck. My new set up is mounted in the front of the truck which is nice because it piles the debris against the back of the leaf box.

The Pictures are of my old system in the beginning it was only a two man crew but as we grew i would run two trucks set up with leaf boxes 4 plus guys and always stayed moving as i could send one truck to run and dump and keep moving with the other. i can't find any pictures of our new setup in the front of our truck but it does work very good i had a custom platform made that attaches to my fisher plow plates on either of my trucks if needed do to a break down.

lawnboyskc
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
cl thats exactly how i had mine mounted last year works great.

I have bought a dump truck this year and i could do it hte same way again, but there are times where i dont want or need a trailer or i could take a smaller trailer. its also difficult getting the trailer on ball with 7-800 extra pounds on tongue.

i have seen the giant vac swivel but cant seem to find where to buy it or how much

Kelly's Landscaping
07-08-2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.giant-vac.com/products/truck_loaders/hitch_mount.php now on the key feature section your read Two models (33" TLH and 49" TLHX available) the smaller ones for a pic up the other fits a dump truck. Now that model has 3500 cfms my 20 has 4600 but then your talking fabrication so 3k or so or you could jump into the 6 or 7k range if you want to go big. If you wanted a bit more fire power this is listed as a skid or trailer which is what mine was it was considered a skid that we fabricated off of http://www.giant-vac.com/products/truck_loaders/industrial_tow_behind.php

lawnboyskc
07-08-2012, 09:16 PM
thanks kelly but i already have billy goat 18hp. i was trying to find just the swivel part to use with the billy. i typed the part number in google and didnt find it.

FerrisDiesel
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
it's funny everyone is starting to think about clean-ups already. I started going over my push blowers and backpacks and started planning how to build my new leaf box for this year. Nothing else to do since the lawns are slowing down, might as well be ready to hit clean-ups hard this year!