PDA

View Full Version : Mankar herbicide sprayers

quickmow
07-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Has anybody had problems with Mankar sprayers? I had a motor die on mine and the mfr refuses to warranty it. Any similar problems out there? Thanks.
BTW, I would recommend not buying Mankar products, as the mfr does not stand behind their product!!

Duekster
07-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Has anybody had problems with Mankar sprayers? I had a motor die on mine and the mfr refuses to warranty it. Any similar problems out there? Thanks.
BTW, I would recommend not buying Mankar products, as the mfr does not stand behind their product!!

did they give you a reason? Type of motor?

quickmow
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
They said it was no longer in warranty, despite the fact that it was still under the 2 yr warranty. Also, the motor that they replace it with is an "upgrade" which means they have had problems with the old motor and don't want to pay for it. I have other, older units of theirs that have been problem free. This one is 2 yrs old and has consistently been problematic, basically small annoying stuff until the motor died.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Duekster
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
They said it was no longer in warranty, despite the fact that it was still under the 2 yr warranty. Also, the motor that they replace it with is an "upgrade" which means they have had problems with the old motor and don't want to pay for it. I have other, older units of theirs that have been problem free. This one is 2 yrs old and has consistently been problematic, basically small annoying stuff until the motor died.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

That does not tell me the motor brand? The motor is typically under the OEM warranty not the sprayer company but I digress.

RigglePLC
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Unusual sprayers, Ultra Low Volume.
Which one did you get? Is this electric or 2 cycle?
http://www.mankar.ca/index

quickmow
07-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I have two of the mini mantra's. The are hand held and electric motor driven. One is about 10 years old and has worked very well, but the two year old model has been nothing but problems.

I think Mankar has cheapened their Mini Mantra's to the point where they are unreliable. At the same time, they have doubled the price in the past five years to almost $1000, so if you are buying these you are serious about your use and you expect the mfr to stand behind their product. There are far cheaper competitive products on the market, as I just bought a competitive product for $150. I guess we will see how the cheap Chinese made competitor works out, hopefully it isn't junk. So far so good.

At any rate, I would warn people away from Mankar unless you have an extra grand to throw away.

Duekster
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I kind of like the concept. Who else has something like this?

greendoctor
07-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Micron Sprayers UK. They also use a spinning disc ULV mechanism. The most practical use is to apply water soluble herbicides such as RoundUp to low growing vegetation over large areas.

The Hawaii sugar plantations developed a different low volume technique using manual sprayers and a single stream orifice that applies at the rate of 5-10 gallons per acre. The stream is allowed to break up at the end and fall as coarse drops over the target vegetation. I utilize this technique for spraying non crop areas with tall vegetation. A 10% solution of RoundUp + 5% Garlon works well. Arsenal may be added for long term control of vegetation.

Duekster
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Micron Sprayers UK. They also use a spinning disc ULV mechanism. The most practical use is to apply water soluble herbicides such as RoundUp to low growing vegetation over large areas.

The Hawaii sugar plantations developed a different low volume technique using manual sprayers and a single stream orifice that applies at the rate of 5-10 gallons per acre. The stream is allowed to break up at the end and fall as coarse drops over the target vegetation. I utilize this technique for spraying non crop areas with tall vegetation. A 10% solution of RoundUp + 5% Garlon works well. Arsenal may be added for long term control of vegetation.

Noticed a lot of hardscape applications so it seemed like a Round up deal to me. Just kind of seemed like a good spot treatment deal with minimized drift. I do not worry to much about RU on hard scape drifting.

Kind of fits into IPM for me. Or it might.

greendoctor
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I prefer my precisely regulated wands for hardscape applications. It is possible to get down to 10-20 gallons per acre.