PDA

View Full Version : Put some wings on the Z-spray

Brett Thomas
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
With temps in the 100's this week many of us are looking forward to the fall. During the day I sometimes find myself daydreaming of chasing something other than weeds while filling up my tanks. So to ease the pain of those long days I decided to add some charactor to the z .

Cadzilla
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Nice looking machine. I like the newer plastic hydraulic oil reservoir ,single filter and hydro covers.

Brett Thomas
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
The first week running it on hills I had many cuts on my legs from the covers. I had to roll them foward and grind a few edges down. It works well but there is a few changes i would make like extend the standing platform a few inches and bring the foot switch back an inch. Also the tightners for the speed control bar will strip if your not careful (learned that the 1st day) and Im goin to get another set of rims/ tires with better grip that I can switch out for hills. The front lock works but if i hit a bump hard enough it will pop out. After losing traction sideways on a few hills and riding it down $h!+ing myself the whole way I will figure out a way to fix it. 100 hrs in and Im fairly pleased but just need to look at these few things.

grassmasterswilson
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
You're going to love the machine. What are you out applying now? I've been delaying my next round in hopes of some rain and cooler weather. Sounds like we are going to get it down east.... temps in the 70-80s and 3-5 inches of rain! Guess i'll wait another week.

Brett Thomas
07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
4-4-5 and celsius. Been starting at 6am spray till 11 am.

Brett Thomas
07-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Also if z-spray sees this thread the hose reel wand needs a holder for faster access. Once I bounce around alot the hose is very loose and with the tight fit between the frame/reel it takes to long to pull it out if i just need to spot spray a little spot.

kbrashears
07-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Also if z-spray sees this thread the hose reel wand needs a holder for faster access. Once I bounce around alot the hose is very loose and with the tight fit between the frame/reel it takes to long to pull it out if i just need to spot spray a little spot.

Should have sprung for the auxiliary tank.

Brett Thomas
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Should have sprung for the auxiliary tank.
??? The aux have a wand holder and I'm talking about spraying small spots out of the main tank
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
i dont like the new res and one filter. it is always better to have the pumps separate for contamination issues. and, metal is better imo for hot oil, not plastic

Cadzilla
07-08-2012, 10:43 PM
i dont like the new res and one filter. it is always better to have the pumps separate for contamination issues. and, metal is better imo for hot oil, not plastic

You can't drain all the goo out of that metal tank when you change the hydro oil. I dunno. Just looks easier to clean and change oil and filter properly.

Honestly, Ill never change the oil again. I did once and it was a pain and a mess. A good drain at the tank bottom is needed. Is there one on the plastic tank?

kbrashears
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
??? The aux have a wand holder and I'm talking about spraying small spots out of the main tank
Posted via Mobile Device

I very rarely use the hose reel because I use the 1/3 tips and calibration becomes a major issue. That's why I like the aux tank. I have it dialed in at 1gal per 1k. I wish I had another aux tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brett Thomas
07-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Having a aux tank doesnt address the hose/ wand issue. And i just run the same tip in the wand as the boom.

clemsonturf
07-09-2012, 07:00 PM
do your hobby a favor and take the stickers off...

Brett Thomas
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
do your hobby a favor and take the stickers off...
I'm not following u
Posted via Mobile Device

clemsonturf
07-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not following u
Posted via Mobile Device

duck hunting is already popular enough without every newcomer advertising it by plastering stickers on everything they own.

humble1
07-10-2012, 05:43 AM
I'd lose half my customers if they knew I hunt duck, liberal state like MA, oh your not going to shoot bambi? I'd punch walt disney in the face, guy did more damage to hunting than anyone by giving personality to animals that don't have one. As far as the hills I always do them when they are dry. I did notice when I put 50 pounds in side bag holder I do better on the hills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brett Thomas
07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Newcomer to what
Posted via Mobile Device

HayBay
07-10-2012, 06:29 PM
The duck activists are just as bad as the pesticide activists is what I think is being said.

You could add a sticker of organic stuff, like dandelions or bumble bees or fairys. That would fool em.

Nice looking rig, I wish I had one.

What happened to the lid on the left tank?

Brett Thomas
07-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I was looking to add some extra agitators and goin to add a boomless nozzle for side walk strips