PDA

View Full Version : Antique hanging fixture

starry night
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I just got back from an antique sale outdoors. I couldn't pass up this ornate hanging light made in bronze (I think.) with amber glass. I don't have a place to use it right now but I figure it was a good buy. Of course it is fitted with a medium base socket but I'm sure there must be a way to put in a bi-pin socket and make it for 12v use. Measures 20" tall and 8" square.

How's it look to you guys?

RLI Electric
07-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Try a low voltage A19 lamp. Make it easy on yourself. I just saw a fixture at my cousins house that is made out of Mason jars with lamps in them. I keep telling my kids, if you see something you think is cool, lets see if we can make a light out of it. Maybe I will start doing the craft fair circuits.

Lite4
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
That baby certainly is vintage. Cool lamp
Posted via Mobile Device

LLC RI
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
nightscaping sells socket converters.. you could get one that fits into the medium base socket in that fixture and run a wedge base or a bi pin or a single contact lamp... from it..

if you stay in line voltage, try an aquarium lamp.. they are long and will give a nice light

George

starry night
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks Bob and George. I overlooked the 12v bulbs in A19 base and I didn't know about the socket converter from Nightscaping. When I find a place for this fixture, I will make the choice of which to use.