PDA

View Full Version : Fla. Ag inspector doing their job and protecting my Lic.

Ric
07-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Yep it is such a good feeling to know Fla Ag inspectors are doing their job and protecting the Certification and License I worked so hard for.

Every 3 Month or quarterly, The Fla Dept Of Agriculture publishes a List of all those who receive fines or stop work order for illegal activities with Pesticide in the last 3 months. The 2nd Quarter Disciplinary report is out and Lists all those caught for violations from April 5 to July 1 of 2012. Here is the Report so you can see for yourself the hard work our inspectors are doing.

http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Memo_882.pdf

Part of what makes My heart feel so good is I just paid a Total of $ 710 to renew both my agriculture and Commercial Certification and My Pesticide Business license. Not saying Insurance and CEU etc aren't an additional cost of Licensing. BUT, It is nice to know Fla Ag Inspector are on the Job. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

williams lcm
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
From what I heard that there are only 4 inspectors in the state of Fla. I don't know if this can be true. A large fert business told me this. How do they know that you are not spraying a homemade mix of weed killer? I heard that they can bust you by just looking in your trailer for a spray tank. You don't even have to be spraying it to be caught.

zturncutter
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
The system is a damn joke, all these guys running around and spraying and landscaping, unlicensed and unbonded yet I get audited last year because I legally let my Ag bond expire (not doing much landscaping these days) they send me a nasty certified letter telling me what day and time they will be at my office for the audit. I provide all the records and 6 weeks later they send me a two sentence letter stating I am in compliance and the case is closed :dizzy:

ProMo
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
From what I heard that there are only 4 inspectors in the state of Fla. I don't know if this can be true. A large fert business told me this. How do they know that you are not spraying a homemade mix of weed killer? I heard that they can bust you by just looking in your trailer for a spray tank. You don't even have to be spraying it to be caught.

there are about 19 regions each having at least one inspector.

williams lcm
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
That is still quite low. Only 19 inspectors to cover the state of Florida. Many in my area don't have a lic to spray.Most don't know that you
need one. They will probably never get caught.

Burnie
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Yep it is such a good feeling to know Fla Ag inspectors are doing their job and protecting the Certification and License I worked so hard for.

Every 3 Month or quarterly, The Fla Dept Of Agriculture publishes a List of all those who receive fines or stop work order for illegal activities with Pesticide in the last 3 months. The 2nd Quarter Disciplinary report is out and Lists all those caught for violations from April 5 to July 1 of 2012. Here is the Report so you can see for yourself the hard work our inspectors are doing.

Part of what makes My heart feel so good is I just paid a Total of $ 710 to renew both my agriculture and Commercial Certification and My Pesticide Business license. Not saying Insurance and CEU etc aren't an additional cost of Licensing. BUT, It is nice to know Fla Ag Inspector are on the Job. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

Come on Ric, you know better, that is "Public Health Agency Disciplinary Actions " NOT "Agency Disciplinary Actions Completed" which is not out yet for the last quarter, should be this week. Go to http://www.flaes.org/aes-ent/memorandums.html and if you look they are listed separately and never much on the "Public Health Agency Disciplinary Actions "

Grassman67
07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
It's all about revenue and fines. If they truly wanted to enforce the rules, they would be out checking people without a license, instead of wasting their time on audits. Glad to hear that everyone appreciates BIG BROTHER watching their back. Good luck with that. I don't have a pesticide license and never will, because I refuse to deal with these people.

mjlcare2
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
somebody help me out with this.. preferably the statutes etc.. Is it illegal to advertise pest control services being provided by another licensed company?

for example.. advertising on truck/website for fertilization/ or pest control but we do not do the applications or claim to.. just a referral to a company we use? thanks for the help

jvanvliet
07-10-2012, 07:20 AM

Tell them come to Broward or Palm Beach counties...

Ric
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
somebody help me out with this.. preferably the statutes etc.. Is it illegal to advertise pest control services being provided by another licensed company?

for example.. advertising on truck/website for fertilization/ or pest control but we do not do the applications or claim to.. just a referral to a company we use? thanks for the help

Sorry, You can't advertise Pest Control for an other company. You must be licensed in order to advertise Pest Control Services. Limited Licensed/ Roundup License can advertise weed control in beds and must make it clear they don't treat turf.

mjlcare2
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Sorry, You can't advertise Pest Control for an other company. You must be licensed in order to advertise Pest Control Services. Limited Licensed/ Roundup License can advertise weed control in beds and must make it clear they don't treat turf.

that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?

Ric
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?.

Mjlcare

After reading this post and your Credit Card post I have to ask how old are you and will you will graduate from high school this year of next???

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Thank god for more regulation and government! I don't know how I would operate my legal lawn business without them checking on me...good to know they got my back.

Sarcasm...

Good to know you paid over $700 dollars to be legal so that 5 illegal companies can compete with you Ric!

I know what you are getting at...its a damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Posted via Mobile Device

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 12:11 AM

Mjlcare

After reading this post and your Credit Card post I have to ask how old are you and will you will graduate from high school this year of next???

ha! Old enough.. graduated from Highschool and College many years ago.. which part makes you think I am young.. the questions? the newer, younger way of running a business in this competitive market where we have to run the "old folks" out since they are getting my social security anyway.. time to retire!

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 12:24 AM

Mjlcare

btw still haven't gotten that statute from you..

too bad your not my fert guy.. you could have gotten free advertising at my expense( both legal and $$))

Ric
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
btw still haven't gotten that statute from you..

too bad your not my fert guy.. you could have gotten free advertising at my expense( both legal and $$)).

Knock yourself out.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/Chapter482

http://www.hpm.umn.edu/nhregsplus/NH%20Regs%20by%20Topic/NH%20Regs%20Topic%20Pdfs/Dietary%20-%20Sanitation%20and%20Environmental%20Conditions/Florida%205E-14.pdf

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
the only section I found regarding my question is..

5E-14.104 Prohibited Acts.

(3) No licensee, certified operator or identification card holder shall advertise or hold himself out in any manner in connection with pest control as an entomologist, horticulturist, public health engineer, sanitarian, and the like, unless such persons qualified in such field by required professional and educational standards for the title used.

To me that says, I can't advertise that "I" perform pest control if "I" don't have a license..

gray area, I can advertise for my fert guy as I am not advertising that I do the pest control, fert.. but that HE does the service..

I guess I will just have to ask next time I come across somebody from the department

Ric
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
the only section I found regarding my question is..

5E-14.104 Prohibited Acts.

(3) No licensee, certified operator or identification card holder shall advertise or hold himself out in any manner in connection with pest control as an entomologist, horticulturist, public health engineer, sanitarian, and the like, unless such persons qualified in such field by required professional and educational standards for the title used.

To me that says, I can't advertise that "I" perform pest control if "I" don't have a license..

gray area, I can advertise for my fert guy as I am not advertising that I do the pest control, fert.. but that HE does the service..

I guess I will just have to ask next time I come across somebody from the department

Or you can advertise Pest Control and the Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control will come to you with a nice Fine.

BTW I might not be 100% White Boy, But Lincoln abolished Slavery in 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I DON"T KISS YOUR A$$.

Duekster
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I suspect ours looks about as enticing.

I some times wonder why I register.

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Or you can advertise Pest Control and the Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control will come to you with a nice Fine.

BTW I might not be 100% White Boy, But Lincoln abolished Slavery in 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I DON"T KISS YOUR A$$.

not sure where your getting at with the kiss your ass thing..
not even sure where I asked you too..

ohh. maybe its because I didn't thank you first for showing me the statutes.. thanks!... that was a help..

i thought the whole point of this thread was to show that the bureau doesn't give out enough fines and enough enforcement.. they aren't coming after me!! haha

Duekster
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
not sure where your getting at with the kiss your ass thing..
not even sure where I asked you too..

ohh. maybe its because I didn't thank you first for showing me the statutes.. thanks!... that was a help..

i thought the whole point of this thread was to show that the bureau doesn't give out enough fines and enough enforcement.. they aren't coming after me!! haha

I do not know FL law but every licensed pest control operator also has to work for a business that is also registered. Kind of closes that loop hole.

A Leaf Above
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Ric ,

Im not stirring anything here so please do not take it that way but why is it that i being a landscape company would not be able to advertise for a Pest control service ? However it would be ok for a billboard company , newspaper , magazine to advertise a pest control company ? You see what im getting at ? Neither has a Pest License so why is it one can advertise and one cannot ? Maybe im misinterpreting something here ?

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
technically if i had a sign on my truck with his name and number, he is advertising not me, im just ad space.. kinda like a billboard.. can't fine the owner of a billboard for not being a certified PCO

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Ric ,

Im not stirring anything here so please do not take it that way but why is it that i being a landscape company would not be able to advertise for a Pest control service ? However it would be ok for a billboard company , newspaper , magazine to advertise a pest control company ? You see what im getting at ? Neither has a Pest License so why is it one can advertise and one cannot ? Maybe im misinterpreting something here ?

dang.. maybe we should have talked before we both posted the same thing haha

A Leaf Above
07-11-2012, 07:00 PM
technically if i had a sign on my truck with his name and number, he is advertising not me, im just ad space.. kinda like a billboard.. can't fine the owner of a billboard for not being a certified PCO

Thats kinda what im getting at ...

Duekster
07-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I gotta guy that knows a guy and he can whack this weed for a price.

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I just say.. I don't do that service but I work with a guy, here is his company name, and number.. call him.. he takes care of all of my customers yards and they look great.. we work together to make your yard better..

Duekster
07-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I just say.. I don't do that service but I work with a guy, here is his company name, and number.. call him.. he takes care of all of my customers yards and they look great.. we work together to make your yard better..

I refer people all the time but I do not advertise the service.

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Ric is probably mad at me for asking my question and looking deeper into it than his answer.. after all, i haven't graduated from grade school yet

A Leaf Above
07-11-2012, 07:09 PM

See if he was advertising "TO DO" the service is DIFFERENT than advertising for the company "that does" the service ..i think i just confused myself ..lol

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 07:10 PM

whats the difference.. you are advertising for them if you tell people about them.. that's what advertising is by definition.

I just want to put it on my truck, I have a good relationship with my guy and want people to use his service..

Duekster
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
whats the difference.. you are advertising for them if you tell people about them.. that's what advertising is by definition.

I just want to put it on my truck, I have a good relationship with my guy and want people to use his service..

There is a distinction... however fine it maybe.

Short story...

Some states have specific laws, If you put my licenses # on your truck I would have your nuggets.

mjlcare2
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
There is a distinction... however fine it maybe.

Short story...

Some states have specific laws, If you put my licenses # on your truck I would have your nuggets.

I wouldn't put his license number, just his name and phone number.. If I stole your number and used it of course you would.. but I'd we were friends? who wouldn't like to help a buddy out where you can..
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't put his license number, just his name and phone number.. If I stole your number and used it of course you would.. but I'd we were friends? who wouldn't like to help a buddy out where you can..
Posted via Mobile Device

So how many phone numbers do you have on your truck? :rolleyes:

Like I said, I send over referals all the time but I do not advertise the service on my truck or other advertisements

Landscape Poet
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I am not so sure that this gray line is real clear. I also browsed over the statue and did not find anything that says you can not advertise a service but Here is the thing that I have noticed, I looked at several large maintenance companies website locally that I know sub out the L and O part and guess what....they all list on their site that they are able to provide pest control which given the size of some of this organizations I would of thought someone would of busted them by now. Again I am not positive but guessing that they can

Ric
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM

Hello!!! I don't make the laws, i only live by the law. If you don't like the law take it up with the law makers.

Btw it is not my responsibility to teach you the law or to even advise of the law.

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Hello!!! I don't make the laws, i only live by the law. If you don't like the law take it up with the law makers.

Btw it is not my responsibility to teach you the law or to even advise of the law.

I don't mind the laws..but you can't say you live by the law if you don't actually know the law or can't interpret it correctly( as interpretation is up to the reader) I was asking if anyone knew the answer.. you chimed in claiming you did, (as you always do) but it appears you don't actually.. Nobody is asking you to teach or advise any laws.. if you don't want to answer, then don't

Duekster
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't mind the laws..but you can't say you live by the law if you don't actually know the law or can't interpret it correctly( as interpretation is up to the reader) I was asking if anyone knew the answer.. you chimed in claiming you did, (as you always do) but it appears you don't actually.. Nobody is asking you to teach or advise any laws.. if you don't want to answer, then don't

Three words

General Duty Clause.

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
So how many phone numbers do you have on your truck? :rolleyes:

Like I said, I send over referals all the time but I do not advertise the service on my truck or other advertisements

I have one phone number , but like Landscape Poet was saying about the big guys advertising the service but sub-ing it out.. I'd like to do the same and get my PCO more business as he does the same for me. If you are referring your "guys" then you are advertising them as the people to use, I just want to put it in print on my website or vehicles, etc..

why don't you "advertise" for the people you use? if you are willing to send them referrals

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
What does General Duty Clause have to do with anything

Duekster
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I have one phone number , but like Landscape Poet was saying about the big guys advertising the service but sub-ing it out.. I'd like to do the same and get my PCO more business as he does the same for me. If you are referring your "guys" then you are advertising them as the people to use, I just want to put it in print on my website or vehicles, etc..

why don't you "advertise" for the people you use? if you are willing to send them referrals

I barely advertise for myself.

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I barely advertise for myself.

Why not, don't want to grow? even McDonalds advertises, and they already OWN the fast food market.. they have plenty of word of mouth and everyone already knows who they are but they still advertise..

Duekster
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Why not, don't want to grow? even McDonalds advertises, and they already OWN the fast food market.. they have plenty of word of mouth and everyone already knows who they are but they still advertise.. I need to know the impact of Obama care first to be frank.

I am growing but slowly and measured.

KrayzKajun
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I know some states have different regulations regarding lic #s. In louisiana inorder to advertise a service, you must have the accompaning lic# listed also. Which includes: landscaping, tree work(arborist and untility arborist), irrigation, Pest App
Posted via Mobile Device

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I need to know the impact of Obama care first to be frank.

I am growing but slowly and measured.

Completely understandable and a extremely good point!
Your doing it right!

I can't wait to see what this will all mean.. will my business be taxed for not offering health care to my employees?

zturncutter
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Completely understandable and a extremely good point!
Your doing it right!

I can't wait to see what this will all mean.. will my business be taxed for not offering health care to my employees?

I doubt you have to worry about it ! http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insurance/employers/small-business/#provide

Ric
07-12-2012, 04:38 PM

OK GIRLS, Here are the actual statute that apply to advertising. Please note there are 2 statute that apply and you must put them together to see the answer. Bottom Line is you can not Advertise Pest Control in Florida unless you are Licensed. I know the law I just can't remember every statute number.

5E-14.142 Responsibilities and Duties – Records, Reports, Advertising, Applications.

(3) Advertising:
(a) Pest control advertising on service vehicles, in telephone directories or other advertising media shall in all cases be factual and shall be set forth only under the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department. Unregistered fictitious names are prohibited.
(b) All pest control telephone directory advertising, including long distance lines shall in all cases show the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department, complete licensed business location address from where services will be performed and telephone numbers.
(c) Solicitation and acceptance of pest control must be performed by an identification card holder whether performed in person or by telephone.

482.091 Employee identification cards.—

(1)(a) Each employee who performs pest control for a licensee must have an identification card.

(b) Either the licensee or the licensee’s certified operator in charge must apply to the department for an identification card for each employee who will perform pest control therefor within 30 days after employment of that employee, on a form prescribed by the department. The licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge are jointly responsible for obtaining such identification cards.

(2)(a) An identification cardholder must be an employee of the licensee and work under the direction and supervision of the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall not be an independent contractor. An identification cardholder shall operate only out of, and for customers assigned from, the licensee’s licensed business location. An identification cardholder shall not perform any pest control independently of and without the knowledge of the licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall perform pest control only for the licensee’s customers.

In Edit Any Employee with a ID Card must have Taxes taken out and pay into State unemployeement insurance

Duekster
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I doubt you have to worry about it ! http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insurance/employers/small-business/#provide

But if he does not have it for himself then he has to pay for it.
Also, I expect my employees are expecting to be covered when they decide they want the "free health care" Obama promised them.

I hate to be the one to tell them, Obama lied and they call me the cheap bastage.

A Leaf Above
07-12-2012, 04:49 PM
This little tidbit right here is how your big companies get away pest control services ...This is exactly what i was talking about in the PM i sent to Mjlcare ...This is how your bigboys get bigger :) ..Its a law but a very easy law to get around in most cases ...

(1)(a) Each employee who performs pest control for a licensee must have an identification card.

(b) Either the licensee or the licensee’s certified operator in charge must apply to the department for an identification card for each employee who will perform pest control therefor within 30 days after employment of that employee, on a form prescribed by the department. The licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge are jointly responsible for obtaining such identification cards.

(2)(a) An identification cardholder must be an employee of the licensee and work under the direction and supervision of the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall not be an independent contractor. An identification cardholder shall operate only out of, and for customers assigned from, the licensee’s licensed business location. An identification cardholder shall not perform any pest control independently of and without the knowledge of the licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall perform pest control only for the licensee’s customers.[/QUOTE]

Ric
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
This little tidbit right here is how your big companies get away pest control services ...This is exactly what i was talking about in the PM i sent to Mjlcare ...This is how your bigboys get bigger :) ..Its a law but a very easy law to get around in most cases ...

Not if the Ag inspector is on his toes. Rent a license is a big issue and the way they catch you is Unemployment Tax. All card holder must be legal employees and Legal Employees must PAY TAXES. THe Ag inspector had access to Fla State Unemployment Tax Records on the INTERNET. Two simple Left clinks and you are caught. Companies not issuing Spray Cards in a timely manner are fined heavy.

However Ag inspector are State Wage slaves and don't always do their job as we have seen many times. Your big sweat in getting caught is have your competitor turn you in.

A Leaf Above
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
ooh i definately agree with you 100% ..Same stuff happens with General Contractors license in the construction industry ..I see it all the time down here ..

stickleylawncare
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Sometimes its a pain to read all the legal jargon and piece it all together, but if you just look at January's Disciplinary memo 880, there are several warning letters for Unlicensed - Advertising Pest Control, and a $1000 fine. Seems like a pretty sold "No you cant advertise Pest Control for someone else" And I think a lawn guy selling the side of his truck as a billboard idea would be pretty damn transparent and youd be listed on the next memo.

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Sometimes its a pain to read all the legal jargon and piece it all together, but if you just look at January's Disciplinary memo 880, there are several warning letters for Unlicensed - Advertising Pest Control, and a $1000 fine. Seems like a pretty sold "No you cant advertise Pest Control for someone else" And I think a lawn guy selling the side of his truck as a billboard idea would be pretty damn transparent and youd be listed on the next memo.

I saw that and that is what prompted my questions.. and that would make sense if I was advertising that "I" do the service.. but I'm not as I've already stated a couple hundred times in this thread.. I want to advertise for someone else.. read the posts comparing it to selling billboard space..

again it seems as though this is a big grey area until someone can find out for sure.. but thanks for your post

Duekster
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM

OK GIRLS, Here are the actual statute that apply to advertising. Please note there are 2 statute that apply and you must put them together to see the answer. Bottom Line is you can not Advertise Pest Control in Florida unless you are Licensed. I know the law I just can't remember every statute number.

5E-14.142 Responsibilities and Duties – Records, Reports, Advertising, Applications.

(3) Advertising:
(a) Pest control advertising on service vehicles, in telephone directories or other advertising media shall in all cases be factual and shall be set forth only under the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department. Unregistered fictitious names are prohibited.
(b) All pest control telephone directory advertising, including long distance lines shall in all cases show the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department, complete licensed business location address from where services will be performed and telephone numbers.
(c) Solicitation and acceptance of pest control must be performed by an identification card holder whether performed in person or by telephone.

(2)(a) An identification cardholder must be an employee of the licensee and work under the direction and supervision of the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall not be an independent contractor. An identification cardholder shall operate only out of, and for customers assigned from, the licensee’s licensed business location. An identification cardholder shall not perform any pest control independently of and without the knowledge of the licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall perform pest control only for the licensee’s customers.

In Edit Any Employee with a ID Card must have Taxes taken out and pay into State unemployeement insurance

Sounds clear to me unless you just want to play dumb or are dumb.

mjlcare2
07-12-2012, 10:14 PM
it says and I quote,

so.. what does acceptance of pest control mean then.. I can't interpret that..
if you accept pest control you are the buyer having the service? and need to be a card holder?

and mine would neither be in person or by telephone.. in person (ie, door to door, handing out cards for, etc..)

interpretation of the law is a b*tch isn't it! that's what lawyers are for.. fight for interpretation

why did you post the

that doesn't have anything to do with advertising..

Burnie
07-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Answers on here are how someone interprets what the law says. Why not just call the department and ask them? 850-617-7997 is the number. How they interpret the law is the important thing. If they say NO, drop it and move on, if they say NO PROBLEM, then go for it. Anytime you are unsure it is best to ask the horses mouth so to speak. I see it as a rolling billboard, but before I would do something like that I would call the department first to make sure that is what they think also. JMHO

A Leaf Above
07-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Better yet have them put it in writing for you ...bwahahaha ! ..Like that would happen ....The reason they wont put it in writing is because when the blood sucking attorneys put these laws into effect they always leave an opening so you can INTERPRETE it either way ...Keeps them making that $300 an hour ...My personal opinion is for the way that statue is written is that if i am selling pest control services as well as doing those services which i sold you than i need to be licensed ...I guess i am a rebel and like to live on the edge :)....I would feel secure in putting a pest control name on my trailer ..BECAUSE I DO NOT do the services ...However i would try and get a straight answer from someone at the doa ...And good luck with that ! lol

zturncutter
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Ric, clear some PM space :laugh:

Duekster
07-13-2012, 08:32 PM
In Texas, we have to take CEU's on law. You also have to understand labels.

Just saying, Thanks Ric

Ric
07-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Ric, clear some PM space :laugh:

Zturn

You have my E mail address, Please use it. I have no desire to clear my PM box and get hit with a ton of private questions.

Turf Dawg
07-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I suspect ours looks about as enticing.

I some times wonder why I register.

In my area there are 4 inspectors for 66 counties. Well, not really, because two cover the structural guys and two cover us ag guys. It seems like every year at the CEU course someone asks the Laws and Reg guy[or gal] about what to do about all the non licensed applicators and they will flat out tell you they or more into compliance than enforcement. I am pretty sure there is only two field guys in the whole state of Texas for irrigation.

Duekster
07-15-2012, 09:38 AM
In my area there are 4 inspectors for 66 counties. Well, not really, because two cover the structural guys and two cover us ag guys. It seems like every year at the CEU course someone asks the Laws and Reg guy[or gal] about what to do about all the non licensed applicators and they will flat out tell you they or more into compliance than enforcement. I am pretty sure there is only two field guys in the whole state of Texas for irrigation.

I know right!

I have had the exact same convo with my inspector, compliance not enforcement. She told me no way she was going to stop someone spraying to ask for info. I said take a picture of the truck and licenses plate, she said no way of checking. Very clear, they are not in the enforcement business just compliance.

In Texas you do not even have to post your TDA or SPC # on the truck.

Why in the world, do I register, pay my moneys, buy insurance and such only to be subjected to compliance fines? Most of what I use is not even restricted use?

One vendor sent out post cards, if said something to the effect.... have a small job but no license... we have small quantities that do not require a licenses to buy.

Nothing illegal they did but they were encouraging people to break the lawn.

I have been at a vendors, guy pull up to by 40 bags of Weed and Feed. The vendor ask, do you have a licenses to apply this? No? Well you know if you get caught it is a 10K fine, now how many bags did you need again as he writes up the order.

It cost me money to maintain a licenses, insurance and CEU's and I get the surprise inspection just because I put myself on the radar.