PDA

View Full Version : Paver Maintenence

MikeTA95
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
A customer asked me if I would be able to power wash, add polymeric sand, and seal his paver driveway. Never did this before, but I have done a lot of research and I am ready to give it a try, but I have a few questions.

1. When power washing, what chemicals, if any, do you guys recommend to clean up the pavers? (It's a driveway, so there are many oil and tire stains.)

2. The customer said the price was a lot higher than he thought it would be. He wanted to cut out the sealant part of the job to reduce the cost. Is it okay to add the polymeric sand without using a sealant afterward?

Birchwood
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
if you used a joint sand stabilizer sealer you can take out the poly sand

big daddy b
07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Look into Techniseal Products, they make a cleaner/degreaser that I've used before that works great on driveways.

Yes of course it's okay to install poly sand without using a sealant afterward, as far as I know that's mostly how it is used.
Just make sure before you put down the poly sand that the pavers are bone dry, the surface of the pavers and the joints or you will have major problems, especially if you plan to tamp the pavers.

TomG
07-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Look into Techniseal Products, they make a cleaner/degreaser that I've used before that works great on driveways.

Yes of course it's okay to install poly sand without using a sealant afterward, as far as I know that's mostly how it is used.
Just make sure before you put down the poly sand that the pavers are bone dry, the surface of the pavers and the joints or you will have major problems, especially if you plan to tamp the pavers.

100% agree with everything said. We use Techiseal Products as well, they have worked well for us.