PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Truck

blakescape
07-09-2012, 06:56 PM
This may be a long shot, but its worth a try. This truck was stolen in Merrifield, VA sometime in the past week. I just reported it stolen today, and it could be anywhere. If you have seen it in the past week or know anyone that has, let me know. If you see the truck driving around now, call the police.

Even if they spray-paint the logo and number out, the orange box sticks out like a sore thumb.

S-205
07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
That is a bold truck to steal, pretty easy to spot unless they change out alot of parts.

C Jovingo Landscaping
07-09-2012, 09:55 PM
How did it take a week to realize that thing was not there? Kinda hard to miss. Hope u find it!
Posted via Mobile Device

blakescape
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
How did it take a week to realize that thing was not there? Kinda hard to miss. Hope u find it!
Posted via Mobile Device

With the 100 degree weather last week, we didnt cut any lawns. The truck was parked on a commercial street and I didn't drive by where it was parked until recently.

THEGOLDPRO
07-09-2012, 10:36 PM
was the truck full of equipment??

blakescape
07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
was the truck full of equipment??

It was about as full as you could ever want a mowing rig to be.

1 Turf Tracer 52" with Operator controlled discharge (1 year old)
1 Viking 36" hydro with Grass gobbler (1 month old)
1 Bobcat 48" fixed deck belt drive
3 Velkes
2 FS90 line trimmers
1 FS110 line trimmer (1month old)
1 FS110 blade edger
2 BR600 blowers
1 FS130R Brush cutter
1 HS45 Hedge trimmer
1 Toro 21" commercial push mower
1 Optimax 9HP blower
1 Ryan Lawnaire IV plus aerator
1 Husky 252pc toolkit
....and a small sprayer, a few shovels, rakes, etc.

I pulled out the pole pruner saw and the two newer blowers a few days before to do a cleanup job and still have them. The only Stihl equipment I have left are 2 Br600 blowers, 1 pole pruner and 1 chainsaw.

THEGOLDPRO
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Dang, im assuming they are going to take everyhting from the truck and ditch the truck in the woods or something. i have no doubt you will find the truck, all be it completely empty.

blakescape
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Dang, im assuming they are going to take everyhting from the truck and ditch the truck in the woods or something. i have no doubt you will find the truck, all be it completely empty.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing(at least I would get the truck back), but that is the best case scenario. The truck only had 55k miles on a diesel motor and I put all new tires on the truck a few months ago for $1200. They will probably take out the motor, trans, and the rims/tires also.

THEGOLDPRO
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing(at least I would get the truck back), but that is the best case scenario. The truck only had 55k miles on a diesel motor and I put all new tires on the truck a few months ago for $1200. They will probably take out the motor, trans, and the rims/tires also.

Not likely, thats pretty time consuming, its easy to pull all the equipment out of it and ditch the truck somewhere, not too easy to strip it down and get rid of the shell of the truck after words.

blakescape
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Not likely, thats pretty time consuming, its easy to pull all the equipment out of it and ditch the truck somewhere, not too easy to strip it down and get rid of the shell of the truck after words.

Yeah it probably will turn up empty somewhere. The equipment is worth more than the truck anyways.

Here's some more pics(I still have the spreader)...

muddywater
07-10-2012, 01:04 AM

You would be surprised how much demand there is for isuzu and ud truck parts. Engine is worth 5k tranny is worth 1.5k, cab 1k etc. People steal ud rollbacks all the time where i am at just for the parts.

Hopefully insurance will cover everything?

PLS-Tx
07-10-2012, 01:45 AM
I sure hope your insurance covers everything you lost.

That really stinks.

Doohboy24
07-10-2012, 03:42 AM
I am a fellow northern virginian and will keep an eye out for it. i will also keep eye on craigslist for some great deals to be had and let you know if anything seems odd. good luck to you.

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Good luck finding it!
Posted via Mobile Device

blakescape
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
You would be surprised how much demand there is for isuzu and ud truck parts. Engine is worth 5k tranny is worth 1.5k, cab 1k etc. People steal ud rollbacks all the time where i am at just for the parts.

Hopefully insurance will cover everything?

Were filing the claim. The truck will definitely be covered, they might question or negotiate covering what was in the truck but I have pretty good documentation on everything.

I am a fellow northern virginian and will keep an eye out for it. i will also keep eye on craigslist for some great deals to be had and let you know if anything seems odd. good luck to you.

Thanks man. $500 cash reward if you come across any information that leads to an arrest or recovery.

blakescape
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I left my business card on a dump truck that was parked on the same street and the driver just called me. He said the last time he saw the truck was on Sunday July 8th at 6:30pm when he got off work. I discovered it missing at noon on Monday July 9th.

Doohboy24
07-17-2012, 12:47 AM
HEy Blake. Just checking to see if you have had any luck? Been on the look out since you posted here. Man I really hope something happens positive for you with this.

blk90s13
07-17-2012, 12:57 AM
That truck was cut to pieces in less that 3 hours at most if they are pros equipment way travel down past the boarder or way out of the your area for sure

will keep an eye out on craigslist and eBay I am always on there checking what people got to sell.

I hate thieves !!!!!!!!

blakescape
07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
HEy Blake. Just checking to see if you have had any luck? Been on the look out since you posted here. Man I really hope something happens positive for you with this.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

I got a call on Saturday at 2am from a dc police office to tell me that he found the truck abandoned on the side of a road, recovered it, and had it towed. The steering column is all jacked up, the radio is gone and the back locks were cut. Its safe in a tow yard in northeast DC, but I'm going to have it towed back to a dealership near me to repair the interior and wiring. The bad news is our insurance won't cover damage caused by theft, so I will have to pay for all the tow fees, storage and repairs out of pocket. I'm waiting to hear back from another insurance agent about the equipment(which is what I'm mainly concerned about). I only made two payments so far on the new 36" viking hydro and fs110R trimmer, and when you sign the loan agreement there is a clause that says you agree to pay the loan even if the equipment is stolen. Everything else was paid off, but it just sucks having to make payments on a mower you don't have anymore. I just need to wait to see how much insurance will cover on the equipment.

cgaengineer
07-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Insurance...only good if you never need it.
Posted via Mobile Device

blakescape
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Insurance...only good if you never need it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well now I know it's only good if you have full coverage. I talked with another insurance company about their inland marine insurance. I took pictures of the rest of the handheld equipment I have and sent that to the agent along with the retail price of each. This policy will cover all cause of loss and will be full replacement coverage.
Also, I'm going to start painting my handheld equipment a unique color.

THEGOLDPRO
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
pretty much what i figured would happened, atleast you got the truck back.

morningdewlawnservice
08-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I live in Reston and will keep an eye out..Yea I just had some ahole break into my trailor and take 2 blowers, 2 trimmers, 2 gas cans and even 1 bag of old fert I still had.

cgaengineer
08-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Well now I know it's only good if you have full coverage. I talked with another insurance company about their inland marine insurance. I took pictures of the rest of the handheld equipment I have and sent that to the agent along with the retail price of each. This policy will cover all cause of loss and will be full replacement coverage.
Also, I'm going to start painting my handheld equipment a unique color.

And if the bastards can wiggle out of not paying they will in a heartbeat..."oops you are 51 miles from shop, you were outside of your 50 mile radius when the thef occurred, but we have this add-on policy that will cover you next time."
Posted via Mobile Device

David Gretzmier
08-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I am glad this turned out well. we have commercial insurance on our shop, were robbed recently and insurance covered it 100% after the deductable. new replacement cost.

I am happy but surprised you got the truck back. I would have assumed it was chopped or sold hot. who checks VIN numbers verses what the title says anyway?

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
09-13-2012, 09:43 PM
i live near merrifield..I will keep an eye out for it. Sorry again for your loss