PDA

View Full Version : Sedgehammer and Drive?

GALAWN
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I am looking to use two backpacks, one for broadleafs with Celc and a sticker and a little iron, the second backpack I want to control crab and sedges. Would it be ok to mix two chems, one for sedges and another for crab? Any Ideas I would appreciate. I am using a 4 gallon backpack and usually spray in the 90's here in ATL.

ReddensLawnCare
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Idk about you but sedge cost me 10 bucks per k, and drive is about 3 bucks per k. Why spray together unless you have a serious sedge issue on all properties
Posted via Mobile Device

GALAWN
07-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Just to consolidate my spraying.

RigglePLC
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
My opinion--use a one gallon hand sprayer for the Sedgehammer. Smaller container--mix a new batch every day or two.
Can anyone devise a setup that allows you to strap the one-gallon hand sprayer to your backpack. You could spray the crab and just switch wands to spray nutsedge.

You would not have to go back to your truck to change sprayers.

GALAWN
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
i've got two half gallon sprayers that I keep in my truck. I usually have one with round up and one with sedgehammer but I usually go thru a couple gallons of spot spraying with sedge a day. Atlanta has quite a bit of nutsedge and also all of a sudden a whole lot of fungus like take all patch, more than most years. Been an odd summer, no rain and tons of fungus and grassy weeds and sedges.

jad004
07-10-2012, 02:49 AM
I like to spot with solitare just for this reason. It takes care of lots of broadleaves, Crabgrass, and yellow nutsedge. I do mix in some 6-iron to try to reduce the yellowing.

lawn king
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
They mix together very well, not the most cost effective way to spray, but they play well together!