PDA

View Full Version : Crazy question

zak406
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Hey guys how are you all doing tonight? I have a quick question that I am unsure of. I have a customer that wants a paver patio put in which is fine no problem. However the patio is going were an above ground pool was. The pool was on top of a pad with 2a and then masonry sand on top of it. The pool was there for 10 + years. My question is would it be ok to use that as the base or would it need to be re excavated and a new base installed. Part of me says it would be fine for the following reason, the pool once held somewhere in the range of 40000-50000 pounds of water (assuming my calculation is correct). That is quite a bit of compaction over a long period of time. Either way what do you guys think? *trucewhiteflag*

Dr.NewEarth
07-10-2012, 02:04 AM
What are the depths of your base layer and the sand layer?

DVS Hardscaper
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Remove sand. Do it right for ensurance / peace of mind purposes.
Posted via Mobile Device

zak406
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Remove sand. Do it right for ensurance / peace of mind purposes.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats what I was thinking. It will depend on whether or not they go with flag stone or pavers. If they go with flag stone I may leave it, pavers I will dig it up and re do it. Probably not what they want to hear but I dont want to be back there in a year or two redoing anything... Thanks for the advice though, I dont do a ton of paver's, however I do a good bit of flagstone (patios, walkways) and walls so I wasnt 100 % sure on what should be done. Dvs do you mind if I pm you?

zak406
07-10-2012, 09:12 PM
What are the depths of your base layer and the sand layer?

Ill check, I removed the pool after it ruptured for scrap moneye (lunch money only took me an hour to do lol) and I have to start taking down the deck tomorow. Ill take a shovel and dig it down to see.

DVS Hardscaper
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
thats what I was thinking. It will depend on whether or not they go with flag stone or pavers. If they go with flag stone I may leave it, pavers I will dig it up and re do it. Probably not what they want to hear but I dont want to be back there in a year or two redoing anything... Thanks for the advice though, I dont do a ton of paver's, however I do a good bit of flagstone (patios, walkways) and walls so I wasnt 100 % sure on what should be done. Dvs do you mind if I pm you?

Always Feel free to PM me, but sometimes there is a delay in my responding :)