PDA

View Full Version : new truck for y'all to hate on

BrandonV
07-10-2012, 07:16 PM
After reading the sticky thread at the top of the forum its my opinion that most everyone on here hates super lawn trucks, I on the other hand have lusted after them for some time... mostly because I hate trailers but need to have my crew bag and also as the boss have gotten tired of excuses... i forgot this, didn't have that yadda yadda. told my maintenance crew today: no more excuses.

we'll do the graphics locally, nothing fancy (i just don't think wraps show up at speed, more a big logo and big lettering guy. drove the wife down and spent a long weekend in ATL picked the truck up and drove it home on Monday. Everything went off without a hitch except the GA DOT held me at the state line for close to an hour... luckily reason prevailed and got home without a fine.

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Very nice!

Anyone who hates that truck is jealous...pulling a trailer sucks! We purchased an NPR last season and couldn't be happier.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Does the mini have a belly mower or does it pull a bush hog?
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
belly mower for sure

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 08:06 PM
belly mower for sure

I always kid my wife and tell her we could pull her 3 series into the back of our NPR.
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
its just there is a lot of broke, no credit people on here.

oh yeah, very very nice truck.

KrayzKajun
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
that is beautiful!!!

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
its just there is a lot of broke, no credit people on here.

oh yeah, very very nice truck.

Credit smedit...who needs it...another thread about a truck just like this one stolen. You want Brandon's truck...wait till he parks it and just take it.
Posted via Mobile Device

muddywater
07-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I would love to see more pics of the side dumper. I think i can build one myself, and keep a few bucks out of tony's wallet. I love that box, that is awesome. How much it set you back? 65k?

easy-lift guy
07-10-2012, 08:50 PM
That is a really nice truck, I wonder what it would look like with lawn equipment inside, instead of a car?.
easy-lift guy

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
That is a really nice truck, I wonder what it would look like with lawn equipment inside, instead of a car?.
easy-lift guy

He's filming Italian Job II...hence the mini.
Posted via Mobile Device

easy-lift guy
07-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That explains nearly everything, except I think it should of been a Fiat 500
instead of a Mini, unless English subtitles were available!
easy-lift guy

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
That explains nearly everything, except I think it should of been a Fiat 500
instead of a Mini, unless English subtitles were available!
easy-lift guy

You are showing your age...not that version of Italian Job.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

more like knight rider

BrandonV
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
easy-lift guy

likely will train the crew on use tomorrow. I'm also going to post a copy of the invoice inside the truck as a warning against damaging it.

pfcjs
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm also going to post a copy of the invoice inside the truck as a warning against damaging it.

Nice idea...and maybe a warning reminding them that the damages will come out of their paycheck!

cgaengineer
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
likely will train the crew on use tomorrow. I'm also going to post a copy of the invoice inside the truck as a warning against damaging it.

I give it a year...dents and tater chips bags and water bottles falling out the inside ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpropm
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Loving the truck clean as a whistle. What im gonna hate on is the mini cooper. I know its been said 110x's already so im not gonna hit you to bad. You prefer the mini or a 36" wb for squeezing through gates? ??
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
07-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Why would you hate on the mini? My wife love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

John_DeereGreen
07-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Those trucks are awesome...I just can't see that kind of money for a dedicated truck like that.

Year round mowing climates, I could see it, but for the price they sell for, it would have to be out making money damn near 365 days a year to justify for me.

Puddle of Oil
07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Looks Great!

But yeah, I'd hate to plow with that thing, so ill stick with my truck n trailer.

BrandonV
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Plow? What's a plow?
Posted via Mobile Device

PLS-Tx
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow, no hate here, that is a beautiful truck!!

I want one without the dump, we don't bag and we don't plow.

muddywater
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Those trucks are awesome...I just can't see that kind of money for a dedicated truck like that.

Year round mowing climates, I could see it, but for the price they sell for, it would have to be out making money damn near 365 days a year to justify for me.

I can't see spending the money either, but then again BrandonV has got one HELL of a business. He probably can't even think of enough ways to spend all the money they are making! Very nice truck.

Now lets some pics of the dump so I can copy it!!

avernon0112
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Looks like that lake job paid off.

Mark B
07-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Have you got any lettering on it yet? No hating it here.

BrandonV
07-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Not lettered yet. Soon though.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
07-21-2012, 01:46 AM
I can't see spending the money either, but then again BrandonV has got one HELL of a business. He probably can't even think of enough ways to spend all the money they are making! Very nice truck.

Now lets some pics of the dump so I can copy it!!
They're really not that bad when compared to a f450 and a trailer that and I expect this truck to be around 15-20 years and you have much longer to depreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device

muddywater
07-22-2012, 12:19 AM
They're really not that bad when compared to a f450 and a trailer that and I expect this truck to be around 15-20 years and you have much longer to depreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah it probably will be around that long. I bought a used super lawn truck earlier this year, but I sold it for a nice profit. I really like your dovetail box with the one piece ramp. That thing has got to be twice as fast as the two-piece ramps.

I really like that debris dumper, my guys spend 30 minutes cleaning out their box trucks every morning so I bet that is a real time saver.

I guess the way I look at the money thing is how long it will take to get a return on the investment. If a crew's yearly profit is 65k, that is along time just to get roi on a truck.

scotts lawn care
07-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Awesome SLT! I love it, I would have one if my season was longer in WI. Enjoy it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
08-02-2012, 09:51 PM
looks like a great truck...i dont understand why people hate on these trucks for lawncare so much...seems like a great idea and from what ive heard it works great. If i could warrant getting one I would but im way to small to make it worth my while

Weekend cut easymoney
08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=muddywater;4477850] I really like your dovetail box with the one piece ramp. That thing has got to be twice as fast as the two-piece ramps.
I QUOTE]

I priced one out last year and was considering many of the options, but was not sold on the hydraulic lift gate--i think it was a 8k option or some crap like that....lady told me it was a time saver, I cannot understand how it could save that much time...
what was your experience?
thanks-

muddywater
08-02-2012, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=muddywater;4477850] I really like your dovetail box with the one piece ramp. That thing has got to be twice as fast as the two-piece ramps.
I QUOTE]

I priced one out last year and was considering many of the options, but was not sold on the hydraulic lift gate--i think it was a 8k option or some crap like that....lady told me it was a time saver, I cannot understand how it could save that much time...
what was your experience?
thanks-

The two piece was slooooow! A dovtail is much faster than both types of ramps, but you have a little more tail swing. And when the ramp is up, nobody can steal your sh!t like they can with a dovetail.

I am building the same truck with a guy called k & k manufacturing out of ga. I bought a used 06 diesel npr with 100k miles for 9k. I am getting a used van box, a 4-6' side dump bin, and a 2' dovetail for 5-6k. The truck i bought had a nice 20' stake body, so the guy is giving me a 1500 credit on that and total price after that is 5-6k. I would love to have a 70k truck and i could pay cash for it, but i work way to hard to have one year of profits of one of my crew's go just to pay for a truck. I prefer those profits to go into my pocket!

Weekend cut easymoney
08-02-2012, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Weekend cut easymoney;4488710]

The two piece was slooooow! A dovtail is much faster than both types of ramps, but you have a little more tail swing. And when the ramp is up, nobody can steal your sh!t like they can with a dovetail.

I!

so the dovetail is faster with the one piece ramp, but you sacrifice the security is what I think you are tellin me-
I have been thinking the same thing about building my own..they want too much money...
where did you find the box?-
-I gotta guy that can mount a box on a truck, just need to do that and thinking I want to get the gas pump system together, just havent gotten all that together-

muddywater
08-02-2012, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=muddywater;4488743]

so the dovetail is faster with the one piece ramp, but you sacrifice the security is what I think you are tellin me-
I have been thinking the same thing about building my own..they want too much money...
-I gotta guy that can mount a box on a truck, just need to do that and thinking I want to get the gas pump system together, just havent gotten all that together-

The dovetail guy had a line on the box, bc he deals with them everyday. I think it is going to be 2-2.5k on a box. I can get a 16' for 2.5k, but i want a 14' so my dump can be a little bigger.

I have built my own in the winter, it was about 700-800 in metal i think... Maybe less. Just dont have time now, and need a truck asap. A dovetail should cost 1500-1800 installed.

noahb195
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Muddywater, Dont be afraid to post pictures when you get that baby done!

Weekend cut easymoney
08-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Muddywater, Dont be afraid to post pictures when you get that baby done!

look for the webiste over the winter--

www.muddywatershowtobuildasuperlawntruckforhalfthecostguide.com

Weekend cut easymoney
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=Weekend cut easymoney;4488780]look for the webiste over the winter--

.muddywatershowtobuildasuperlawntruckforhalfthecostguide.comQUOTE]

scrip jacked up my web address funny

BrandonV
08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=muddywater;4488743]

I think he's talking about a standard dovetail vs the hyd. The SLT one piece like we got i feel is the way to go because its very quick up and down id guess 20 seconds tops. If you have a regular box truck with a bolt on ramp you'll still have your door to mess with where the SLT ramp is the door. I'll say this for hyd ramps... if you can afford it get it, even if your like me and not getting to drive the truck yourself its worth someone not getting a hurt back. I have seen some guys rig up electric winches to manaul gates too so that something for you to look at.

muddywater
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
The dovetails have springs. You can lift them with two fingers.

I have had the slt ramp, and it is cool and nice but your never gonna make that 7k back in increased productivity from it. And one sh!tty day your pump is going to fail or a hose is gonna blow. Btw you can buy a replacement pump at northern for about 20% the price slt will sell you one.

I love your truck, but i just cant make it pencil out for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
The dovetails have springs. You can lift them with two fingers.

I have had the slt ramp, and it is cool and nice but your never gonna make that 7k back in increased productivity from it. And one sh!tty day your pump is going to fail or a hose is gonna blow. Btw you can buy a replacement pump at northern for about 20% the price slt will sell you one.

I love your truck, but i just cant make it pencil out for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gottcha, the last few dove tails we've bought must not have been that good because they were all quite heavy. I did try the "gator lift" or what ever it was called but it wore out rather quickly.

muddywater
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Gottcha, the last few dove tails we've bought must not have been that good because they were all quite heavy. I did try the "gator lift" or what ever it was called but it wore out rather quickly.

The springs are good but they need to be replaced once a year.

Btw, if i had your money i'd burn my money.... Then go buy an slt!!
Posted via Mobile Device

muddywater
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Got my "super lawn truck wannabe" back from the outfitter.

BrandonV
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
good deal man, we actually just bought a used one from super lawn trucks as well at a very fair price. this one will be for our construction crew instead. the maintenance crew has loved their new one so far and my crew was getting jealous.

GrassTec
12-26-2012, 04:34 PM
muddywater-

any problems getting the mowers up and down the ramp without dragging? looking at doing the same thing. and can you add a hitch still at the bottom so you could still pull a trailer when it comes to time mulch jobs?

thanks

KrayzKajun
12-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Awesome truck Muddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

muddywater
12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
muddywater-

any problems getting the mowers up and down the ramp without dragging? looking at doing the same thing. and can you add a hitch still at the bottom so you could still pull a trailer when it comes to time mulch jobs?

thanks

No problem with mowers, yes I have seen guys put a trailer hitch on them. Isuzu's really aren't made for pulling though, they just seem to pull better when the weight is on the frame.

muddywater
12-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Awesome truck Muddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks I will let you know if I find any deals on a isuzus. I bought a 06 4-door isuzu npr in your neck of the woods a couple months ago and am trying to keep up with brandonv :), but I haven't had time to outfit it yet. I can't decide if I am gonna put a sidedump and box, or just a box.