PDA

View Full Version : Trimec and Celcius

Alf1096
07-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I have what I call Johnson grass in my yard along my fence that borders a field. The fertilizer company now uses according to the receipt Celcius and trimec. What would be the one they are spraying on this weed. I am assuming its trimec because isn't Celcius for broadleafs or do they mix the to. Reason I am asking is I want to spray myself in between them comming out.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Neither will take out Johnson grass...alone or mixed. Maybe if it's seedlings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alf1096
07-12-2012, 05:30 PM
That's the only two chemicals on the receipt. When they spray it will kill it and surrounding grass but the grass comes back after a week maybe they are just using roundup
Posted via Mobile Device

R&S Lawn Care
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Ive had Celsius kill johnson grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alf1096
07-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Would they mix Celcius and trimec
Posted via Mobile Device

R&S Lawn Care
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Id have to check labels, but Celsius should kill everything trimec does and then some. Tri mec should show faster results but has temp restrictions. Do a search. Many threads exist, one very recent. Better and cheaper products for fence row.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
My experience with grassy weeds and Celcius have not yielded great results...cg for instance, if thriving very little damage...if drought stressed or some other factor it may or may not kill it.

For a fence row I'd use plain ole round up.
Posted via Mobile Device

WestGaPineStraw
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
My experience with grassy weeds and Celcius have not yielded great results...cg for instance, if thriving very little damage...if drought stressed or some other factor it may or may not kill it.

For a fence row I'd use plain ole round up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because you don't use Celsius the right way, I can fry cg no problem with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
07-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Johnsongrass is on the Celcius label under the low use rate section. I personally think the Celcius works best mixed with MSO and sprayed through fan tips.
Celcius works way better, especially on grassy weeds, with MSO instead of 80/20.
Fan tips give the best kill followed by a broadcast tip [like PG] and on the bottom of the list is a shower head [chemlawn gun]. IMO

GreenThumb11
07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't imagine a company spraying trimec in this heat! Celcius may have slow results but should do the trick.

cgaengineer
07-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Because you don't use Celsius the right way, I can fry cg no problem with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stfu! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device