PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer

bel-nor
07-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Well guys bit the bullet after a good early season and bought a 7X16 V Nose Cargo South trailer. I started work on the inside the next day (6/30/12) and continued while the dry spell has slowed mowing down. Very happy with the purchase. Oh thanks "BIG LAG" for the pep talk early that morning. Be careful and drink plenty of water guys.

easy-lift guy
07-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Nice job, I am happy for you.
easy-lift guy

Ridin' Green
07-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Looks great. The paint really helped. Did you paint the ramps too?

LawnMan19
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Looks real good man.

bel-nor
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes the ramp is painted also. I wanted to protect the wood and have a chance at wiping dirt and oil rather than letting it just soil the raw wood.

PLS-Tx
07-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Very nice trailer, the paint job looks great.

Your going to enjoy it.

Are you pulling it with your 1/2 ton Chevy?

ringahding
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Very clean, I love mine too...Congrats!

Ridin' Green
07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes the ramp is painted also. I wanted to protect the wood and have a chance at wiping dirt and oil rather than letting it just soil the raw wood.

It's smart to try to protect the wood. I was just wondering if you used any type of non skid grit in the paint (or maybe non skid tape) to help prevent anyone from slipping on the painted ramps when they're wet. That would also be a good idea.

orangemower
07-13-2012, 12:29 AM
It's smart to try to protect the wood. I was just wondering if you used any type of non skid grit in the paint (or maybe non skid tape) to help prevent anyone from slipping on the painted ramps when they're wet. That would also be a good idea.

This was my first thought when he said he painted the ramp. I mixed a bit of play sand that I sifted with the wife's flour shaker/sifter thingy. Don't tell her. LOL I did wash it off good when I was done. But the front porch I initially painted without and the first time it rained I about hit the deck it was so slick. after the fine grit sand I mixed in and re painted it, it feels like your shoes are glued to the steps and porch floor.

orangemower
07-13-2012, 12:39 AM
I also like the fact that you painted it white. Even though it will show dirt easier, it will help some will the hotter temps inside when the doors are closed. Looks very nice. What other plans do you have for it? If money were no object (yeah right lol) I'd have a generator powering a a/c unit on the top of the trailer. Stereo with a frig almost like a go-to place when out in the open sun for hours at a time on long jobs. Plus you have a place to take a leak or if it gets bad, you can keep a bucket with some plastic shopping bags for when it gets real bad. :)

gcbailey
07-13-2012, 08:28 AM
This was my first thought when he said he painted the ramp. I mixed a bit of play sand that I sifted with the wife's flour shaker/sifter thingy. Don't tell her. LOL I did wash it off good when I was done. But the front porch I initially painted without and the first time it rained I about hit the deck it was so slick. after the fine grit sand I mixed in and re painted it, it feels like your shoes are glued to the steps and porch floor.

just don't eat the first batch of homemade biscuits....

Looks really good!!

dieseltech
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Man thats the exact replica of my soon to be trailer...only mine will be black. Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

noahb195
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Great job man! You have some nice equipment also.

APLUS LAWN CARE
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Nice trailer, congratulations!

Chilehead
07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Sweet setup, man.....sweet.

Dimples82
07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Very nice!

JContracting
07-17-2012, 02:10 AM
I've considered buying a trailer from them, what did it run you if you don't mind? (You can pm me if you'd like) And are you in the south? Locations aren't shown on the mobile version.
Posted via Mobile Device

chagh2.0
07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
good job. It nice to have everything safe and locked up

jvanvliet
07-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Very nice... does the ramp get slippery with paint on it? I have no skid strips on mine.

Just a word of warning with the nose; Don't jack knife the trailer, your rear bumper will push in the nose. I had thought of getting one myself but the trailer guy warned me about that propblem. We have to jack knife the trailers into their parking spots at the warehouse.

ed2hess
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I also like the fact that you painted it white. Even though it will show dirt easier, it will help some will the hotter temps inside when the doors are closed. Looks very nice. What other plans do you have for it? If money were no object (yeah right lol) I'd have a generator powering a a/c unit on the top of the trailer. Stereo with a frig almost like a go-to place when out in the open sun for hours at a time on long jobs. Plus you have a place to take a leak or if it gets bad, you can keep a bucket with some plastic shopping bags for when it gets real bad. :)

You boys up north got to man up it ain't that hot and who stands around in his trailer unless it is raining.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I use an empty milk jug myself, in a pinch:)

CH Landscaping
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Where did you get the racks for the weedeaters and blowers from?

bel-nor
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Green Touch.....TraileRacks.com. Thanks for the comments guys this project knocked the boardom of the drought we are going through.

Ridin' Green
07-18-2012, 11:26 PM
You boys up north got to man up it ain't that hot and who stands around in his trailer unless it is raining.

Typical Texas we have it worse than you BS.:rolleyes:

95 degrees is 95 degrees regardless of what state you're in, and this summer the northern states are having plenty of it. It is always better for the equipment, gas cans, etc to keep them cooler when possible. Also, it makes more sense to take a handheld into the trailer where all the tools and spare parts are to repair or work on, than to have to keep going back to the trailer for whatever you need. Having the trailer stay a little cooler makes it that much better if you have to be in there for long at all.

branchoutshrub
07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome trailer! Hope to have one like that soon. Good luck! www.branchoutshrub.com

lawnpropm
08-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Did you by chance put any grit in the paint on the ramp? I've been wondering if that stuff works and how well it holds up..
Posted via Mobile Device

Green-Man
08-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Super nice trailer!! :) Is there a benefit with the v-nose rather then the regular flat nose trailers?

bel-nor
08-15-2012, 07:54 AM
On the VNose you get a few (16) extra inches in the front. It does not "cut the wind " as most beleive. They supposedly get damaged more if it jack knifes against the back of your truck. I like the way it looks and happy withit overall, the price was good at $3895. I origially wanted a Haulmark however after talking with both dealers for a couple months the HM dealer went up on his price $400-$600 dollars while I was in rush hour traffic to purchase it. I told him I would consider it (fat a$$ chance) and drove to the Cargo South dealer early the next mornining and purchased this one before he left for the bank.

Green-Man
08-15-2012, 12:37 PM
On the VNose you get a few (16) extra inches in the front. It does not "cut the wind " as most beleive. They supposedly get damaged more if it jack knifes against the back of your truck. I like the way it looks and happy withit overall, the price was good at $3895. I origially wanted a Haulmark however after talking with both dealers for a couple months the HM dealer went up on his price $400-$600 dollars while I was in rush hour traffic to purchase it. I told him I would consider it (fat a$$ chance) and drove to the Cargo South dealer early the next mornining and purchased this one before he left for the bank.

oh i guess that would make sense that they shouldn't create as much wind resistance. Yeah lets hop that you never jack knife it haha. It's a beautiful trailer and seems like a decent price to me I would even purchase it. WOW! really? That's very unproffesional but who cares his loss. Really nice trailer man hope you enjoy it.