PDA

View Full Version : turf tracer vs. vantage

Jason Simmons
07-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Just wondering what's the best turf tracer or vantage. Already got a 48" metro. Looking to up grade next year some yards I got are on hills. Just looking pros and cons

SNAPPER MAN
07-13-2012, 09:37 PM
They are both good. The turf tracer is better imo because if a yard is really wet you can take off the sulky and walk so you don't damage yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason Simmons
07-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks, I used to live in Houston of fm1960; I went to school at uti of hwy 45 . Work in tomball at lance proplus

Jimslawncareservice
07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Are you keeping the metro? If so vantage all the way. You can walk behind the vantage too, its kinda awkward if your short.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason Simmons
07-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes keeping the metro, have u ran the vantage in the walk behind position on a hill. How is the cut on the 4 series deck

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Tell you what I picked up a barely used TTHP 36 this season and that mower is the bomb. I have only scraped the deck out one time all season so far. As compared to my Quick 36 which needed at least weekly scraping. TTHP cut is good too - no clogging, even with the trivantage deck.

BestImpressions99
07-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Is Toro or Wright in your area?

BestImpressions99
07-14-2012, 08:25 AM
If the choice is just between the two Exmarks I would choose the Vantage. We have a TTHP we wish we could un-buy. Pretty much all our other mowers we can run at nearly full speed and still cut pretty well (minimal stragglers). Our TTHP, unless it is on 2.5 inches or if @ 3" it can be a bit moist out... nothing but stragglers unless you run it at speed 3. :(

Jason Simmons
07-14-2012, 08:29 AM
If the choice is just between the two Exmarks I would choose the Vantage. We have a TTHP we wish we could un-buy. Pretty much all our other mowers we can run at nearly full speed and still cut pretty well (minimal stragglers). Our TTHP, unless it is on 2.5 inches or if @ 3" it can be a bit moist out... nothing but stragglers unless you run it at speed 3. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason Simmons
07-14-2012, 08:34 AM
My metro can have new blades on and i go at speed 2, and still have stagglers seem like the ultra deck isn t as good as tthe old tri vac deck. I used to have scags and I didn t remember any stragglers left after I cut
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
07-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Yes keeping the metro, have u ran the vantage in the walk behind position on a hill. How is the cut on the 4 series deck

No I haven't had a chance. I don't own one, just tried it out. I had a metro and a vantage will mow circles around it.
Posted via Mobile Device

94gt331
07-14-2012, 02:30 PM
I love my exmark metro even now it's as basic as they get. The cut is excelant on it. I want to get a turf tracer next year to go with it. I'm really happy with Exmark and trying to switch over to them all around. I demoed a vantage and there amazing I just don't want to spend that much on a mower right now.

Jimslawncareservice
07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I love my exmark metro even now it's as basic as they get. The cut is excelant on it. I want to get a turf tracer next year to go with it. I'm really happy with Exmark and trying to switch over to them all around. I demoed a vantage and there amazing I just don't want to spend that much on a mower right now.

A new turf tracer x series is about the same as a vantage by the time you add a sulky
Posted via Mobile Device

Chevy z71
07-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I would get the turf tracer.

Promise-Land
07-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Stander all the way. I have a Grandstand and the production is great. Also, I would think the size is more beneficial in tight areas, I don't know the specs but a stander may be shorter than a WB. I can get the grandstand in and around clusters of trees with ease.

SDLandscapes VT
07-14-2012, 10:51 PM
I have three TT S series 48" and we just bought a TT X series 52" w/ EFI. We love these mowers. I demoed a vantage, but found that it wouldn't work as well for our residential clientele--if I was more commercial focused I might consider a vantage