PDA

View Full Version : hunter pgv 1.5 in.

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Where can I find diaphragms for hunter pgv 1.5 in. All suppliers local do not have them and I need then ASAP... anyone have online source? Tjanks
Posted via Mobile Device

irritation
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Where you bought them. Why would you buy anywhere else?

grassman177
07-15-2012, 06:36 PM
sprinkler warehouse dot com

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I didn't buy them. This job is a repair for a new customer ( apt. Complex) with 20 valves.. system has been inoperable for about 5 years and I'm having many valves not closing fully...
Posted via Mobile Device

irritation
07-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Are you sure they have bad diaphrams, maybe only debris.

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Am I sure... no but after system being down this long I'd have a hard time believeing everyone of them were still OK...I'm sure some have debris as there.were.multiple breaks all over the system
Posted via Mobile Device

irritation
07-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Why, I find it hard to believe they are bad.

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
The system is about 10 yes. Old and has been off for 5 of them..I seen diaphragms fail less than a year in operation... out of 20 valves all of them being good... I dunno...guess we shall find out though... would you guys pull apart each one since I hav e the lines drained and check each for debris or go ahead and pressurized after each valve to test it? It has probably 10,xxx ft of 2 in.mainline and another 2,xxx of laterals leading up to the valves.... lots of water to pump out of each box.
Posted via Mobile Device

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Every break was downstream of the valves though..that being said, you still think they may ha e debris in them? I know 5 valves r giving me trouble not fully closing and allowing water to pass. Therefore not giving me enough pressure to push up a whole new zones heads
Posted via Mobile Device

irritation
07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
It's probably had a main break causing debris to the valves. If only Mike was here to help.

jvanvliet
07-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Clean all the valves and presurize the system; it'll tell you how many valves need to be repaired.

If you can't get parts, buy the valves and gut them.

avernon0112
07-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I would open the 5 valves you know are not working. Then you know what you need and don't over buy. I always buy the whole valve and gut it. The price I pay for the guts is not that much cheaper than buying the whole thing. Then you have a spare solenoid when you need it.

woodlawnservice
07-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Generally I can buy the valve for not much more either... but these being 1.5 in the valve price is quite a bit more.. $45, compared to the diaphragm being $12....
Posted via Mobile Device

avernon0112
07-16-2012, 12:11 AM
That is much cheaper. Last time I went and picked up just a diaphragm, they wanted $40 for it! Seemed a little off to me. $12 is more reasonable.

Without A Drought
07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
check the valves, d a.

woodlawnservice
07-16-2012, 10:32 PM
would u guys go ahead and crack open all 20 of them? I hate to do that but not knowing how many are bad and or dirty sucks specially when nobody has these in stock and r onbackorder. I'm literally having to buy 2 at a time from many different companies because everyone is out....I can tell I've got some weeping by though cause I can hear.it flowing slightly at the Pvb. Its causing other zones to not fully pop up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Why not dismantle all of them, if you charge T&M? payup

woodlawnservice
07-16-2012, 11:10 PM
This job was bid ad a whole..landscaping, getting irrigation running, mulching, laying drain pipe, and sod work. I don't wanna invest to much in this or I'd be cutting my own throat some.... I'm still way in the green but out of the 20 valves...about 10 boxes r full of dirt with valves in there buried... I hate digging dirt outta boxes since I'm not getting paid for t and m...
Posted via Mobile Device

woodlawnservice
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Only need to do what's necessary to get system running nothing more. These people r tight. Its low income housing Apts.., meaning they have there maintenance man (fix) the system as he chops heads off... LOL they will not maintain this after I leave.. hence why it was inoperable for about the last 5 yrs.... I was totally mislead by the apt manager when I bid this job. I was told it was running last year and only had a few heads messed up..... so far I've found 2 main breaks 2" and 1.5", several laterals broke. Many heads chopped off and buried 2" under dirt,wires cut in 3 places, and now valves not fully closing.... they don't and I believe wont pay a penny more than my "estimate. Not a bid, but specifically says estimate on paper. So I need to do this as cheap as possible as I cannot walk off this job because I ha e over 5g in it as of right now... and I imagine they wouldn't pay me for work already done...
Posted via Mobile Device

1idejim
07-16-2012, 11:17 PM
This job was bid ad a whole..landscaping, getting irrigation running, mulching, laying drain pipe, and sod work. I don't wanna invest to much in this or I'd be cutting my own throat some.... I'm still way in the green but out of the 20 valves...about 10 boxes r full of dirt with valves in there buried... I hate digging dirt outta boxes since I'm not getting paid for t and m...
Posted via Mobile Device

2 words wet/dry SHOP VAC
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Don't know how you can do a flat bid on getting a system operable. Especially when it hasn't run in 5 years. Going to be a non-profitable job in my book. If on a budget, no, don't crack 'em all open. Heck, if on a budget, seeping valves still work. Get it pushing water, get paid, and run. :)

I have three bids I'm working on now, where some aspects I can give a price to - replace controller, rebuild manifold, replace x number of heads. But they all need some troubleshooting before we can make it operational, and I'm telling them T&M. No way I am bidding it flat and getting killed when it takes 2-3 times longer than expected.

woodlawnservice
07-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Excatly! I never.bid flat nor will anyone else..I explained this to them... so I just marked up high ( so I thought) giving the Info I was told... and this is where.I'm at....I'm still in the green thank God but it's been a.pain... turns out they main manager has been told over and over each year it has worked.... because the property managers get bonuses if there maintenance stays low... so they let it break don't fix it and report to there bosses its all good.... then I come along and find out what's really been going on... property manager quits along with maintenance Guy and nobody but me gets to deal with it. :) gotta love it....
Posted via Mobile Device