PDA

View Full Version : celcius and rainfall

grassmasterswilson
07-15-2012, 08:54 PM
What is your experience with a celcius/mso mix and rain? drying time? This round is celcius and granular fert. So I got to wait til the dew drys and get it down before the afternoon thunderstorms.

We had a stretch of 100s and drought that turned everything brown. Now temps have cooled off and we've gotten 5.5 inches in the last week. Plus a 40%+ chance most days this week.

I'm a few weeks behind and trying to keep things on schedule.

ArTurf
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
My weather is the same. No rain for 3 months and record highs. Now it has rained for several days in a row.

Read the label on Celsius and from what I gather as long as in dries good it's good.

RAlmaroad
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
We're in Dog Days--look for the pattern to continue for 30 days. Old wife's tale states that "If rain on first day of Dog Days (July 3rd); rain for all of Dog Days." Goes for hot and dry also. I'll take the rain--mold and fungus I can handle, heat no!
The MSO will open the leaf cell quickly, so if it had a few of hours without rain, should be OK unless you're dealing with a waxy plant such as clover, poison ivy noxious weeds.

jvanvliet
07-16-2012, 07:43 AM
I could never understand the "weed & feed" principle. Why would you provide nutrition to what you want to kill, especially with a granular fertilizer in the middle of summer?

IMO: apply the Celsius first (in the heat down here, we use the lowest concentration rate), wait for chlorosis and decline; THEN apply fertilizer.

Once it dries, rain is no problem.

georgialawn88
07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
celcius works with fert fine. you don't feed the weeds when you put fert and celcius from what I've seen.

as far as drying time. i put celcius on a 15,000 sq ft yard with fert. and it rained 7 hrs later. i got 100% kill on broadleaf weeds and bermuda took off.

jvanvliet
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
celcius works with fert fine. you don't feed the weeds when you put fert and celcius from what I've seen.

as far as drying time. i put celcius on a 15,000 sq ft yard with fert. and it rained 7 hrs later. i got 100% kill on broadleaf weeds and bermuda took off.

Selective fertilizer?

georgialawn88
07-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Selective fertilizer?

28-0-3 slow release 60%

GALAWN
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I am doing the same round in north atlanta with the an additional backpack of drive for large crabgrass. The dew seems to be staying till around 1045am even with it being as hot as it is. I just go med rate celc and med rate mso and as long as it gets 3 to 4 hours to dry it is usually good. Since we have had all the rain every night, the weeds are soaking up whatever is sprayed on them pretty well.