PDA

View Full Version : Wife wanted to go on a job today!

grandview (2006)
07-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Well she wanted to try it out. Easy, just installing mulch. Well that lasted about 5 minutes and still wanted to be paid! In the words of Slim Pickins in Blazing Saddles,dock that chink a days pay!:hammerhead:

JB1
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
i would really be worried if mine wanted to go out with me.

knox gsl
07-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I've have mine with me alot and she has loaded out 13 yards of bark in a day while me and my helper pushed and spread. She's the best help I've never had to pay.

cod8825
07-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Grandview:

I am sorry my wife is the best helper that I have ever had. I have a government contract that involves some right of way spraying she does all the driving. On very large mulch jobs she will do the spreading will my oldest son will push and I will load the wheelbarrows.

As knox states best help that I do not have to pay. Now what I will usually do is take her out to lunch at a nicer place while she is working with me.

Matt

Coffeecraver
07-17-2012, 04:53 AM
My wife was like yours the first couple of times but after she got the hang of it
she became a great help.

It takes a little patience on both sides. She is not one of the guys and you are her boss.

A little patience and time should make it work out fine.
Good Luck
:)

BPS##
07-17-2012, 06:11 AM
My wife tells me I'm a hard ass jerk to work for. lol

Apparently "chop chop, lets go we got work to do" doesn't appeal to her.

blk90s13
07-17-2012, 07:03 AM
My wife tells me I'm a hard ass jerk to work for. lol

Apparently "chop chop, lets go we got work to do" doesn't appeal to her.

That's my line :laugh:, my wife is the best help I ever had as well

Hope she does not see this and ask for a raise :rolleyes:

Grassman67
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
My wife is not allowed on my equipment since she ran over my electric meter and destroyed it. LOL
Thankifully it was mine instead of a customers.

Groomer
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
If thats your wife in your avatar, then pay her, my friend, and pay her well.

ANA Proscapes
07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
My wife ran my shoveling crew a couple winters ago. We had a ton of snow that winter. She did a real good job keeping every one going and making sure stuff got done right. The only issue was that they shoveled condos on my route. For some reason she thought that I could get closer to things with the plow and not leave "small" piles where they had to shovel. The guys thought it was funny to see us fight about it. She just doesn't understand plowing snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

branchoutshrub
07-20-2012, 03:55 PM
My wife is a great helper. She doesn't help as much as she used too, but it all goes towards the cause. www.branchoutshrub.com

densonlandscapes
07-21-2012, 06:09 PM
WoW my wife doesn't know which end of a mow to push and which end to pull and Im just fine with that. Call me old fashion but she is alot better off being mommy and wife at home than she is on the job.

cjmoore82
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Haha. My wife is afraid of bugs. :D I will never find out if she's a good laborer. I do in fact know that my secretary charges me for broken nails. She stepped up to the plate one time and picked up a backpack blower. That was an expensive blow job. Lmao.