PDA

View Full Version : Odd/Even forces me to water too often or too little

johnboy37
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
How do you best program systems to deal with odd/even ratering restrictions?

Every other day is too often for my lawn, I like to put down 1/2" every 3 or 4 days depending on temperature.

Every 4 days is OK most of the time, but in the hotter spells, when I would have watered every 3 days, would it be better to run 25% longer every 4 days? Or 25% shorter every 2 days? I am leaning towards running longer every 4 days, I want deep roots and less weeds. Does that sound right?

I am in MA with temps getting to the mid 90s during the day and down to 60s to 70s at night, standard seed micture for MA which I think is rye and fescue, some of my Lawn gets up to 8 or 9 hours of sun per day, some is pretty shady and may just get a couple of hours.

DieselMDX
07-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I hear ya on Mass we are getting scorched

easy-lift guy
07-18-2012, 05:10 AM
How do you best program systems to deal with odd/even ratering restrictions?

Every other day is too often for my lawn, I like to put down 1/2" every 3 or 4 days depending on temperature.

Every 4 days is OK most of the time, but in the hotter spells, when I would have watered every 3 days, would it be better to run 25% longer every 4 days? Or 25% shorter every 2 days? I am leaning towards running longer every 4 days, I want deep roots and less weeds. Does that sound right?

I am in MA with temps getting to the mid 90s during the day and down to 60s to 70s at night, standard seed micture for MA which I think is rye and fescue, some of my Lawn gets up to 8 or 9 hours of sun per day, some is pretty shady and may just get a couple of hours.

Work with the restrictions in place. More than likely your lawn will learn to do with less water. As far as your sun and shade issues are concerned again your landscape over all will adjust for conditions. The real question will you?
easy-lft guy

Duekster
07-18-2012, 06:23 AM
I program to known watering restrictions even when not active. Keeps the grass ready.