PDA

View Full Version : bifenthrin for Perimeter Pest apps

klsgc
07-18-2012, 12:05 AM
I have been using Demand/Cyonara for most of my perimeter pest applications and have been happy with the results for the most part. I would like to switch things up a bit to keep resistance down. I know that bifenthrin is a lot cheaper than what I am using now but want to make sure it will do the job. I do 5 apps per year and was thinking of using it on a few of them. Anyone have any experience on which insects bif really excels at and which insects it doesn't do so good with? I can use it in the spring or summer or fall depending on which insects we are seeing at the time. Also, there are about a billion different bifenthrin 7.9% products out there. Are they all the same or do some formulations have better residual or other properties? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,

humble1
07-18-2012, 07:24 AM
I would stick with the lambda cyhalothrin. I don't like the results of using anything else. You can buy the cyonara a lot cheaper than the demand cs.

As far as bifentherin maxthor was the cheapest but very thick and dropped out of suspension quick, I like talstar.

I have been using Demand/Cyonara for most of my perimeter pest applications and have been happy with the results for the most part. I would like to switch things up a bit to keep resistance down. I know that bifenthrin is a lot cheaper than what I am using now but want to make sure it will do the job. I do 5 apps per year and was thinking of using it on a few of them. Anyone have any experience on which insects bif really excels at and which insects it doesn't do so good with? I can use it in the spring or summer or fall depending on which insects we are seeing at the time. Also, there are about a billion different bifenthrin 7.9% products out there. Are they all the same or do some formulations have better residual or other properties? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Posted via Mobile Device

humble1
07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks,
Posted via Mobile Device

bx24
07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I would stick with the lambda cyhalothrin. I don't like the results of using anything else. You can buy the cyonara a lot cheaper than the demand cs.

As far as bifentherin maxthor was the cheapest but very thick and dropped out of suspension quick, I like talstar.

Posted via Mobile Device

I use the bifenthrin all around my property for my 3 show dogs. No ticks in 5 years. Works as good as talstar. Did you have an old product?

humble1
07-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I use the bifenthrin all around my property for my 3 show dogs. No ticks in 5 years. Works as good as talstar. Did you have an old product?

We use bifentherin for tick control, perimeter pest is structure as far as I am concerned, so we never had good luck w/ bifentherin on foundation treatments, almost no callbacks for ants using the lambda cyhalothrin specifically we use demand c/s. The maxthor bifentherin sucks, too thick and falls out of suspension compared to talstar.

Ric
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks,

I sorry but I have to wonder where and How some people every got a Pesticide License from some of the questions I read.

Demand is a Pyrethriods Insecticide

Bifenthrin is a Pyrethriods Insecticide

If you want to break the Resistant cycle, you must use a Insecticide from a Different Family of Chemicals, not the same family.

Try Transport as a Foundation spray.

clemsonturf
07-19-2012, 11:19 PM
:laugh: @ Ric

Ric
07-20-2012, 03:38 PM
:laugh: @ Ric

Please explain why you are laughing. I don't laugh at ignorances, I would rather cry because these people are dangerous.

clemsonturf
07-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Ric, I just thought it was funny.

Pesticide ignorance aint going anywhere, anytime soon.

Ric
07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Ric, I just thought it was funny.

Pesticide ignorance aint going anywhere, anytime soon..

The problem is Most states give away Pesticide Licenses with the purchase of Cracker Jacks candy. No wonder our Industry has the Reputation it has.

WestGaPineStraw
07-20-2012, 09:51 PM

The problem is Most states give away Pesticide Licenses with the purchase of Cracker Jacks candy. No wonder our Industry has the Reputation it has.

I agree Ga is pretty simple to get licensed for T&O. I'm always learning and teaching. I don't believe I fall in the same category as these other tards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Archsnuffy
07-13-2013, 02:34 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I know this an old thread - just wanted to point out that Demand is micro encapsulated and will provide some appreciable residual control, while Cyonara is the same AI without micro encapsulation so the effects will not last as long.

Think Green
07-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Ric,
It isn't just our industry that is giving out Licenses in Cracker Jack Boxes you know.
There is a lot of Doctor's out there. There is a lot of driver's out there with the same criteria.
I agree with you 100% as I am guilty of innocently overlooking some things that I respond to. It happens.

I posted something in the Off Topic section on spackling. You should read it.