PDA

View Full Version : what should I charge for bush removal?

lawnsaspire
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
A customer wants me to uproot four medium sized evergreen bushes ( about 3 feet tall and 3 ft. in diameter) of course I'll have to use the pick up and a chain to do this. Just trying to get an idea of what to charge as I've never done this before. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

lawnsaspire
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
The bushes are in a rockbed with small dark gravel rocks and plastic underneath.

RSK Property Maintenance
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Figure out how long it might take you, then figure out how much it will cost you in labor, and materials, then figure out how much you wanna make.....for example i had a job where i had to rip out 9 junipers that were damaged from the storm we had october 31. I charged the guy 100 each, he agreed, i showed up the next morning, with my pick up truck, and mini excavator behind it unloaded it and one by one ripped them out and loaded everything into my truck with the machine, and had the machine back on the trailer in under an hour, thats common for me but your situation seems much different. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

charmill26
07-18-2012, 01:42 AM
figure out your costs, how long it will take you, how much you want to profit. shouldn't take too long. Use the truck if its easy. If they're dead it'd probably be faster to just dig them up

PerfectEarth
07-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Figure out how long it might take you, then figure out how much it will cost you in labor, and materials, then figure out how much you wanna make.....for example i had a job where i had to rip out 9 junipers that were damaged from the storm we had october 31. I charged the guy 100 each, he agreed, i showed up the next morning, with my pick up truck, and mini excavator behind it unloaded it and one by one ripped them out and loaded everything into my truck with the machine, and had the machine back on the trailer in under an hour, thats common for me but your situation seems much different. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

How large were they? I hope those were massive junipers!!! But if you got 9 of them on your f150, I doubt it... 100.00 each? Interesting way to bill. 900.00 for bush removal. wow.

RSK Property Maintenance
07-18-2012, 07:35 AM
How large were they? I hope those were massive junipers!!! But if you got 9 of them on your f150, I doubt it... 100.00 each? Interesting way to bill. 900.00 for bush removal. wow.
Its an f350 to be clear and there were 9 stumps in the bed of my truck, it filled the 8ft bed to the top of the cab. But they fit. They were matured 25 years, so the stumps were roughly 1ft x 1ft
Posted via Mobile Device

MatthewG
07-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Id charge $300 - theres the answer to your question, if I had a helper Id add another $100

aadoublea
07-24-2012, 12:06 AM
I would charge for time, wear and tear on my truck, and a load fee. I can pull three bushes out that size in an hour with my truck. Thats pulling the bushes, putting them in the trailer, driving to unload them, and filling in the holes. 30 minutes pulling them/hooking unhooking chains.....15 minutes loading them/filling in holes........15 minute ride to dump.

If there were 8 bushes however, it wouldn't take me that much longer to pull them seeing as my equipment is all ready to go. So even though it only takes me another hour to do the extra five bushes I might charge another $50 for those. I don't know if that will make sense or not.

I charge 20 per hour, 20 load fee, 20 for my truck. So that's $60.00 if everything goes as planned. If they don't the price climbs.

My clients never ask how much it will be. They just say do it. I'm sure I could charge more but I really want to keep them as happy as I can.

Simple answer: I charge $20 per bush for the size you described.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
07-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Its an f350 to be clear and there were 9 stumps in the bed of my truck, it filled the 8ft bed to the top of the cab. But they fit. They were matured 25 years, so the stumps were roughly 1ft x 1ft
Posted via Mobile Device

you have pic of the 9 25 yr old shurbs in back of a 8ft bed
Must been small shrubs

To OP
You pulling shrubs and never done it avg rate around here is 20-30 per shrub + haul off fee

Best way to pull shrubs get you a steel wheel put chain around shrub take rim put as close the shrub loop chain over the rim
If you do it this way when you pull it will pull up easyer
I use 20'' semi rim taller the better 15'' will work

RSK Property Maintenance
07-24-2012, 12:58 AM
you have pic of the 9 25 yr old shurbs in back of a 8ft bed
Must been small shrubs

To OP
You pulling shrubs and never done it avg rate around here is 20-30 per shrub + haul off fee

Best way to pull shrubs get you a steel wheel put chain around shrub take rim put as close the shrub loop chain over the rim
If you do it this way when you pull it will pull up easyer
I use 20'' semi rim taller the better 15'' will work

probably don't have a picture, as i was focusing on getting the machine loaded and out of there so i could run to the nursery and grab 8 new junipers to install. but to be clear like i said before the junipers were damaged from the october storm and cut down to stumps, so it wasn't 9 full size junipers in my truck, those would never fit. it was 9 juniper stumps and few small branches. still took up the entire bed and was stacked to the top of the cab......and they weighed 150lbs each if not 200 even, because i unloaded them by hand, like do most things.