PDA

View Full Version : Airless Lawn and Garden Tires

vince
08-15-2000, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure that my last post made it through or not so I'm going to do another. I usually post at the snowplow site. I now have another product that I'd like to share with you lawn guys that I know would be of great help to you.

I am involved with a company that makes airless lawn and garden tires of all shapes and sizes. From aggressive tread through terra tires to smoothies.

Imagine not having to put air in a tire ever again and not to worry about nails, glass, jagged stones and the like.

think about not having to air up all the time and not having a low tire and worse, a blow out while mowing that causes a severe scalping to the grass.

These tires are available as well as tires for wheelbarrows and other carts that don't go flat and are ready to use year after year with no maintanence.

by responding to this post, I will be able to determine the level of interest that you guys, the real users have in upgrading this part of your business.

Imagine upgrading all the hard plastic casters with pnumatic type operating casters. if there is an interest let me know through this post.

Think Airless in the summer and Snow in the winter

Vince

Guido
08-15-2000, 05:36 PM
How big we talking here Vince..........Skid Steers or nothing that heavy?? Is it a whole new tire, or a foam or sealer or something like that? Can you give us more info??

vince
08-15-2000, 08:52 PM
Guido,

to answer you question, skid steer tires are quite unique in themselves as to how they are used by the machine.

if what your looking for is a skid steer tire that will wear evenly and be flat proof without being a solid and still operate like a pneumatic can only be accomplished by using a polyurethane rubber tire fill. Talk to Dino at plowking 35. He is looking into this manner of rendering tires flatproof.

The tires that I am talking about here are like 480/4.00-8(2.50)NHS. As market demands increase, new tires will be introduced. I want to stay within Chucks parameters and not advertize, but I believe that he will allow me to metion what and how these tires work.

they are molded Polyurethane foam that resists flats and are designed to operate like pnuematics without the hassels.

chow

vincenzo

Alan
08-15-2000, 09:52 PM
Vince, I've seen some sort of flat proof tires, but they needed to be mounted on two piece rims to be able to get them on and off. Personally I'd have use for a pair of 16x6.50-8s right now, turf tread.

WALKERMOW
08-15-2000, 10:37 PM
vince,
i have to air up almost every morning, iwould love to know more about them, or where can i get them email me please!!

Guido
08-16-2000, 06:00 AM
Buon Giorno,

I understand you can't advertise here, but can you drop us an e-mail or point us in the right direction for info? Please E-mail me at guido1@surf1.de

By the way, unless you meant it was time to eat, this is how you spell "chow" !! :)

Ciao

vince
08-16-2000, 12:39 PM
Guido, buon giorno

sorry for the mistake, i did the new hampshire version that goes along with supper at that time.

For your information, you can email me here at:
vincentp@mail.tds.net and I can get the data or you can email direct to dkgbc007@amerityre.com for more information.

I don't see any problem with the 16" x 6.50 x8 size tire inquired about.

the flatproofing I am talking about doesn't requirem 2 piece rims. The tire is filled with a urethane rubber that behaves like air. Its done on the rim. It is also injected at the PSI you would normally inflate those tires to. I hope that this clears up that question.

forget "airing" up each morning.

ciao
vincenzo

ojonesy
08-16-2000, 03:46 PM
Soon to market...LandShark Tire System. I can hear the "Jaws" music now!

vince
08-16-2000, 04:50 PM
ojonesy,

No these are not Landshark Tires. These airless tires have been around since 1985. The largest use is for bikes and wheelchairs. They work.. they are not filled, they are molded to the sizes required.

i don't antisipate any music themes or not to go along with them. I do know that they will eliminate all the problems addressed in the other discussion you replied to.

check out the email address with dave who is a member.

vince

bondlawn
08-16-2000, 07:13 PM
Vince, I just bought a new set of tires for my Dixie Chopper and had them filled with poly. The draw-backs are they ride rough and that they add another 210 pounds to the weight of my Dixie. I hate to think how that will effect me when the rains finally come (if they ever do). The great part about the polly is that you never have a flat. I would be interested in other options. Please send me some info.

vince
08-16-2000, 07:38 PM
bondlawn,

Right idea, wrong application. I hate to think of what that extra weight will do to the footprint of your machine when wet.

The fill is good for steer skidders, back hoes, and tractors where calcium and water is used as balast. The fill gives flat free, but you will suffer the consequences of the additional weight.

The molded foam tires offer the same or nearly the same weight that as the air tires, plus the beauty of not going flat. email dave at dkgbc007amerityre.com or myself
vincentp@mail.tds.net I'll make sure that you get the data you've beenn looking for.

You got to put the tire size in the note.

vince

r_rivera7272
06-07-2004, 07:45 PM
If you're looking for flatproof tires, check out this company called McLaren. They make these tires that are completely solid, but with holes on the side to give you a much better cushioning than foam-filled tires. I own a Bobcat 873 with these tires and OTT tracks from the same company. From what they tell me, foam-filled are no good for OTT tracks since it can damage the axle since it's got no give. If weight is a concern, this is not an option for you. I do alot of work in areas that have sharp edges so these are absolutely necessary.

Grassmechanic
06-08-2004, 06:48 AM
J.Thomas has been making polyurethane foam filled Zero-Flat tires for mowers for years. The foam expands just like an air filled tire. I love them.

TLS
06-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Wow, thats an old post!

Coming up on 4 years ago!

Anyone know where Guido is?

Grassmechanic
06-08-2004, 07:52 AM
HaHa! I didn't even look at the dates! I wouldn't of have responded if I knew it was that long ago........oh, well.

ojonesy
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
regarding running tracks on skid steers, the only approved foam fill for tracks is a product called SuperFlex Softfill made by Arnco. I have seen the approval letters from two popular track manufacturers.

r_rivera7272
06-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Yes I have read those too. Unfortunately, even with Arnco you still have to worry about sidewall damages. If you get a rebar gash on the side, they become useless. These tires I have from McLaren is much more reliable. You can cut a chuck outta these and they still run fine!! Furthermore, I feel much safer with these tires since they don't have that bouncing effect from filled tires. Everyone should check these out on their website.