PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Blazing Fast Fittings

hgh623
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I see plenty of post on the Blazing Saddles.
Is anyone using Blazing fast Fittings?
They look like a big time saver.

Are they secure, will they leak?

Dirt Boy
07-18-2012, 10:30 AM
huge time saver. not sure why you would use anything else if possible.
Read the directions, not made for "main line" use (constant pressure), last I knew, not real sure why.

Wet_Boots
07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't like the "not for use on mainlines" warning, even though it's a reasonable precaution. I've seen some old poly pipe almost stretched into a size larger than the original, so I imagine there has to be some thought going into what pipe this product will work best with.

mitchgo
07-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Our supplier accidently shipped some to us.

I tried a few endo's on some laterals they seemed to work just fine

Dirt Boy
07-19-2012, 12:54 AM
I've been using their products for several years now, and I can't say as I've had any real problems, you do need to get them inserted all the way, sometimes I've seen the little gripper ring assembled on backwards, but that's kinda common to anything.
With a little care, they can be reused.
Cost wise, they may be more expensive than a fitting & clamps, but time wise, ease of use is very nice.
The "Blazing saddles" (not the movie - rot) are extremely simple, and I can't imagine trying to use those stupid clamp on style, boring a hole, what a joke that is.
If you're hesitant, try a bag of the 1" saddle clamps, betting you'll never go back!
I did run into some pipe just the other day, which was quite old (guessing probably 30 years), and I tried to install an "end of line" fitting onto it. It was probably a heavier poly and somewhat hardened from time, anyway the blazing clamp broke when I tried to secure it.
Just my $.0002 worth

Stuttering Stan
07-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I've been using them on laterals for years with no problems. They may be somewhat pricey but it's a simple, quick connection.

hgh623
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Sounds like they will do a good job and save time
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
07-19-2012, 07:25 PM
they would be better with some kind of outside retaining ring - put pressure on both sides of the connection

irritation
07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I would have no use for them but my only experience was with the saddles and it was not good. They don't seem to like debris.

bx24
07-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Good post. I only used the saddles