PDA

View Full Version : IrriLandscapers--->

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM
How do you water your sod in?
What is your soil, current temps, type of grass?

We have a ton of sand, sandy loam gets brought in for about 3 inches as a top dress.

I have noticed in 80+ degree temps the landscapers have been over watering the hell out of some sod. Gets to about 50-70 at night lately. We put in Kentucky blue.

I feel sod should be overwatered for the first few days. Soak in the morning, 1/4 cycle in the afternoon. The issue I'm having is the H/O's and landscapers keep this program way to long.. After about maybe a week I would kick it down to 1 soak in the am for 1 more week and then every other day the next week...

What do you all feel about that?

Had a fishing trip today, played well, had a blast..

Love CSR

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I feel that I agree with you.

AI Inc
07-21-2012, 07:22 AM
If its a normal system for NE , ( 4,5,6 pgp,s ) 1/2 hr- 45 min a zone twice a day for first 10 days or so, then cut back to normal watering.

txirrigation
07-21-2012, 05:16 PM
How do you water your sod in?
What is your soil, current temps, type of grass?

We have a ton of sand, sandy loam gets brought in for about 3 inches as a top dress.

I have noticed in 80+ degree temps the landscapers have been over watering the hell out of some sod. Gets to about 50-70 at night lately. We put in Kentucky blue.

I feel sod should be overwatered for the first few days. Soak in the morning, 1/4 cycle in the afternoon. The issue I'm having is the H/O's and landscapers keep this program way to long.. After about maybe a week I would kick it down to 1 soak in the am for 1 more week and then every other day the next week...

What do you all feel about that?

Had a fishing trip today, played well, had a blast..

Love CSR

Just short of a biblical flood 3x a day for 10 days.

Kidding, we have a watering schedule for the first 6 weeks.

Heavy watering for 10 days, then we tapper off quickly.

The rainbird esp smt is pretty sweet in this situation.

muddywater
07-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Depends on the grass. Here in deep south. Bermuda will get it 4 times a day for 2 weeks, zoysia 3 times per day for 3-4 weeks. Centipede 3 times a day for 2 weeks. It is a 100 degrees here and 85-90 at night.

Mike Leary
07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Depends on the grass. zoysia 3 times per day for 3-4 weeks.

Does zoysia bloom all year around down there?

muddywater
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Does zoysia bloom all year around down there?

No but it takes FOREVER to root in, especially emerald.