PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

Junior M
07-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Ive already gotta set of Forks and a bucket for our loader, but I'd like to have a 4n1 and a trencher.

My question, which brands should I look at And which should I stay away from?

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I just ordereed forks for our vermeer mini skid from bradco, theyre attachements look to be quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

tailboardtech
07-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Bradcos I think there owned by palin now there good attachments I can tell you the trencher for skid loaders are a pain in the neck literally. We have one at work I can count on one hand the number of times we have used it you have to run the machine in reverse the entire time and it gets old real quick we still have our old case trencher and we use that instead
Posted via Mobile Device

allinearth
07-23-2012, 07:07 AM
We have had a Lowe trencher that has worked great. No telling how many hours it has spent trenching rocky dry soil.

allinearth
07-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Best forks I have used are made by AIM attachments.

bobcat_ron
07-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Bradco, Virnig, Caterpillar and Bobcat are good names for attachments, there are some good deals at RB Auctions from skid steer attachments, but they look kinda cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
07-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Lowe makes a great post hole auger and I hear a good trencher although I have never owned one (I do have Lowe auger that I have had since 95). Virnig makes a great demo grapple bucket. I have a HD 78" that is very well built. I snapped a tine on my Bradco 5K pallet forks moving rocks this Spring (huge rocks). The wield was poor. They gave me a new one even though it was out of warranty by a long shot. I have not found a set of pallet forks that were made to move rocks and hold up. I will look at the AIM forks as someone mentioned.

Digdeep
07-23-2012, 11:07 AM
I'll chime in for Lowe on both trenchers and augers. I think they've been building their augers since the 70s or something like that. Virnig makes good quality stuff as well.. I have a set of their heavy rail forks, and have been happy with them. never used their grapples or 4-1, but they are a reputable company.

BrandonV
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
bobcat makes great quality attachments.

talus
07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Lowe makes a great post hole auger and I hear a good trencher although I have never owned one (I do have Lowe auger that I have had since 95). Virnig makes a great demo grapple bucket. I have a HD 78" that is very well built. I snapped a tine on my Bradco 5K pallet forks moving rocks this Spring (huge rocks). The wield was poor. They gave me a new one even though it was out of warranty by a long shot. I have not found a set of pallet forks that were made to move rocks and hold up. I will look at the AIM forks as someone mentioned.

I broke the tabs on the tines where they mount to the cage doing the same thing. I bought a new set as the tines were almost as much as the whole set up. I moved a few dozen boulders with them.

Junior M
07-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I'll keep that all in mind, like I said I've already got a nice set of forks with the machine and a toothed bobcat bucket.. My first purchase will be a 4n1..

Btw, picked the new to me machine up tonight.. Gotta start some where.. Its a 2000 with 1500 hours, pins and bushings are very tight, one owner machine bought from the original owner. Really only used it to move brick and block around..He owned a small masonry company. The only downside is tires arent great.

Btw, check out the new rims ;)

ksss
07-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Whatever you do in your business, dont take the quote in your signature seriously. That is some sorry advice.

bobcat_ron
07-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Junior M
07-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Whatever you do in your business, dont take the quote in your signature seriously. That is some sorry advice.
hahaha. I dont', just something I thought was funny years ago...

tnmtn
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
congrats and good job on the skid steer. I hope it works out great for you.

Junior M
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
thanks metin. How you holding up?

noahb195
07-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I'll keep that all in mind, like I said I've already got a nice set of forks with the machine and a toothed bobcat bucket.. My first purchase will be a 4n1..

Btw, picked the new to me machine up tonight.. Gotta start some where.. Its a 2000 with 1500 hours, pins and bushings are very tight, one owner machine bought from the original owner. Really only used it to move brick and block around..He owned a small masonry company. The only downside is tires arent great.

Btw, check out the new rims ;)

Dang man you starting up your own company? Any closer shots of the rims? If you need a loyal employee you know who to call.

Junior M
07-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it going out on my own, but there's somethings in the works for next summer that should really get my name out there..