PDA

View Full Version : Curse the rain or praise it?

grassmasterswilson
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
As bad as we need some rain I just had a thunderstorm blow up out of no where. It dropped about 3/4 inch in 15-20 minutes. I finished my last app about 1.5 hours before the first drop.

Wonder how many call backs I'm gonna get? Sure hope the weeds were sucking up the celcius/mso mix!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I think you will be fine. I did a test on clover last year and after 15 minutes, T-Zone herbicide was absorbed and rain safe. I watered it on purpose at 1 min, 5 minutes and 15 minutes.
Your solution--well you just have to test it.

WestGaPineStraw
07-24-2012, 07:06 PM
No weeds in our yards....rain is welcome.
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
On the other hand...
a mid summer heat and drought which thins the turf, and which warms the soil to a high level...
followed by heavy rain...
is almost sure to result in a huge crabgrass problem. This is partly due to the gradual dissipation of crabgrass control products by late summer. I am predicting an onslaught of summer annuals also--especially spurge--which I hate the most. YUCK!!

Cadzilla
07-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Seeing more crab and spurge every day. Running Momentum Q pretty much entire round 4/summer app

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Yes spurge has absolutely blown up here, and some crab around the boundaries. Putting Drive XLR8 in the backpack with T-Zone but if there is more widespread crab may have to run a 4 way in the PG and broadcast (hoping not).

Dbry12
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm going to take a different approach to the main question. Curse the rain because 80% humitidy and 105 temps is miserable.

greendoctor
07-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Rain? What is that? I get a wind driven drizzle that does not even water anything. Then the drizzle stops and I am left with the wind. If I were FalseBrown, I would be spraying yards by just letting the wind carry the spray from one end of the property to the other.

ArTurf
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
We were in a severe drought just as much of the country, no rain since April. Then it rains 5 day out of 7, 3-4"s. Then the weeds come out of nowhere. I thought I had everything under control but they were just waiting on enough water to emerge. This also made the mowing much more difficult.

So I am almost thinking a drought works to my advantage. I can control the water on my lawns and not mother nature and the irrigation business is great.
The rain will mask irrigation problems.

greendoctor
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Dry, windy weather is when I am hopping fixing irrigation coverage. The sloppy half azzed "good enough' installs show their weakness when it is dry. Wind makes it even more apparent because lack of overlap really shows.

Cadzilla
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Dry, windy weather is when I am hopping fixing irrigation coverage. The sloppy half azzed "good enough' installs show their weakness when it is dry. Wind makes it even more apparent because lack of overlap really shows.

You got that right.