PDA

View Full Version : Is Roundup Toxic?

Grassman67
07-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Found this article on Roundup. Worth reading.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/roundup-herbicide-toxic-to-fish-in.html#more

easy-lift guy
07-24-2012, 07:39 PM

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/roundup-herbicide-toxic-to-fish-in.html#more

Here's a secret. Don't tell anyone. When you go to the movies and order buttered pop corn have you ever wondered what that butter flavoring actually
is made out of?. Now you know, don't tell anyone.
easy-lift guy

Patriot Services
07-24-2012, 07:42 PM
This sound like the same contrived crap that outlawed DDT.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grassman67
07-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Here's a secret. Don't tell anyone. When you go to the movies and order buttered pop corn have you ever wondered what that butter flavoring actually
is made out of?. Now you know, don't tell anyone.
easy-lift guy

LOL... How the heck does buttered popcorn have anything to do with this? Is it made from Roundup?

easy-lift guy
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
This sound like the same contrived crap that outlawed DDT.
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't they use to use that on corn or pop corn?
easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy
07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
LOL... How the heck does buttered popcorn have anything to do with this? Is it made from Roundup?

Can you prove that it is not?
easy-lift guy

Grassman67
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
I guess I could go pour some popcorn on my grass and see if it kills it. LOL..

easy-lift guy
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I guess I could go pour some popcorn on my grass and see if it kills it. LOL..

I bet it will not make it grow, should work the same way.
easy-lift guy

Grassman67
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all that helpful information easy lift, much appreciated.

RussellB
07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't know what to think but the catfish species listed in the link that round up harms is not even in the US. Maybe the UN needs to step in and call for a worldwide ban.

Cadzilla
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
So toxic it's nearly impossible to find in the soil through testing.

DLCS
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm so sick of these tree huggin liberalasses trying to get every chemical known to man banned. I had this argument over Round Up yesterday on Facebook with one of my highschool buddies. He said no one should use Round Up as its bad for the fish and frogs, his recomendation to kill unwanted weeds and grass was to our salt on them, far worse than glyphosate! It won't be long before we won't be able to wash our cars cause the run off might contaminate the rivers or maybe its already beeen banned in California? Who knows.

Grassman67
07-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm so sick of these tree huggin liberalasses trying to get every chemical known to man banned. I had this argument over Round Up yesterday on Facebook with one of my highschool buddies. He said no one should use Round Up as its bad for the fish and frogs, his recomendation to kill unwanted weeds and grass was to our salt on them, far worse than glyphosate! It won't be long before we won't be able to wash our cars cause the run off might contaminate the rivers or maybe its already beeen banned in California? Who knows.

You don't have to worry about them banning it. MONSANTO wouldn't like that.

jiggz
07-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Lol no but the same company that makes roundup is also the same company that started genitically engineering corn seed to be round up resistant..alot of corn fields today are drenched in roundup..killing everything but the corn..YUM!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM

Grassman

I am so glad you picked a reliable source that says Roundup can kill life forms. Remember if it is on the Internet it has got to be true. Fact is with a LD 50 of 5,000 mg per Kg of body weight, Roundup can kill you if you swim in it, because you might drown.

BTW while you are talking about Toxic chemicals, I suggest you stay away from Di Hydrogen Monoxide. It was responsible for over 1500 deaths on April 15 1912 with the sinking of the Titanic.

rlitman
07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
BTW while you are talking about Toxic chemicals, I suggest you stay away from Di Hydrogen Monoxide. It was responsible for over 1500 deaths on April 15 1912 with the sinking of the Titanic.

Please, that stuff is washing up on our beaches every day, and is a major cause of drownings.

Grassman67
07-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Grassman

I am so glad you picked a reliable source that says Roundup can kill life forms. Remember if it is on the Internet it has got to be true. Fact is with a LD 50 of 5,000 mg per Kg of body weight, Roundup can kill you if you swim in it, because you might drown.

I see you didn't follow the link to the original story. Many articles there that are interesting. I suppose it would be ok if you seen it on CNN. It is merely a topic for discussion. To believe or disbelieve would require a little effort and research, as is so with most things, whether it is the internet or main street media.