PDA

View Full Version : What is the process for Disposal of Tank Rinse Agent

DavidNJ
07-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Switching from Roundup to a selective herbicide (ProSedge), filled the tank with water and sprayed in out on a mulch pile (grass clippings, shredded leaves and wood chips). Filled the tank with water and Lesco tank cleaning agent.

How do you dispose of the tank cleaning agent?

Thanks,

David

greendoctor
07-25-2012, 05:29 AM
Both the rinse out water and the tank cleaning agent are supposed to be sprayed out over a site which RoundUp is labeled for use. Nothing from a sprayer should be dumped in one spot.

humble1
07-25-2012, 06:32 AM
I use dedicated tanks. But what greendoctor said! Hit the woodline.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
07-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Are you talking backpack or skid?

For my skid sprayers I never rinse after round up but we treat warm season grass so the tiny amount of non selective that might be left in the tank causes zero problems on bermuda...I do make sure the hose is empty by spraying it back into the tank once tank is full with whatever chemical I am using next.

For my backpacks it's either placed into my other round up backpack or saved in a container for use later.
Posted via Mobile Device

DavidNJ
07-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks

Depending on the amount I may store or just spray the mulch pile.

If I spray the mulch pile with the Rinsate, will it be usable in the future? Does it dissipate like Roundup?

cgaengineer
07-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks

Depending on the amount I may store or just spray the mulch pile.

If I spray the mulch pile with the Rinsate, will it be usable in the future? Does it dissipate like Roundup?

Most chemicals are broken down/diluted/ or otherwise made inert with sunlight and rain. Check the labels on the products you use to find out.

For me I don't want to dispose of several gallons of rinsate so I use every drop of chemical in tank even if it means parking on a slope to get the most out of the tank. After that the small amount of non selective left in the tank is minute and will not harm grasses.
Posted via Mobile Device