PDA

View Full Version : Q4 and quincept in hot weather

grassmasterswilson
07-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Seeing a lot of crabgrass breaking through with the numerous afternoon thunderstorms popping up. Was hoping to make it to august before the pre started wearing off but a warm spring isn't helping. Currently using celcius at the med rate, and will have to see how it does on some of the crab(last year it did good on small cg, but the big stuff it didn't touch.)

I've used q4 and quincept in the summer, but have not liked some of the burning. Has anyone notice a temp point where it does better? Label says 85, but that means anyone south of virginia would be out of luck!

How's the control at the lower rates? Maybe I just need to get a backpack of drive. Summer apps kill me. got three different back packs going.... broadleafs, sedges, and I guess now crab.

Any reviews on blindside or other new products? With the summer heat I really need something that is ok over 90 degrees without the burn.

RigglePLC
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Quincept should not burn the grass...but...its hot where you live. Are you sure you are not over dosing the crabgrass? yes I think Drive by itself is a less expensive option.
And true, we need someone to invent a back pack with two tanks--one for broadleaf and second for Drive. How about it Hudson? How about it SP-1? Swiss-mex? Maryama?

Cadzilla
07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Do you control sedges as part of your program? I charge extra and through the nostrils for it.

gulfjoe
07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I am spot spraying CG at max rate with Celcius and getting very good results.

Location Columbus GA
Weather 90-97 throughout the weeks with lots of scattered TStorms

grassman177
07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
i am getting burn, but only the tips of the grass with very dead crabgrass using drive. i dont think you can avoid it with hot temps, even when sprayed while cool out.

WestGaPineStraw
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Blindside is a no go in heat
Posted via Mobile Device