PDA

View Full Version : Observations

Dirt Boy
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Since many of us are experiencing major drought, I am sure noticing the poor/marginal installs.
Where I am at, we haven't had squat for rain, along with high temps every day, the city water pressure is lower than normal (which wasn't all that great to begin with).
To me, it's just bringing home the fact of how important a good design is. Proper spacing, not trying to "stretch" the number of heads on a zone, etc.
Even when things are right, it's almost too much to keep up with.

Wet_Boots
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
We also notice the cheapskate owners that try to get by with a half-an-inch a week of watering, or even less.

jabbo
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree 100%. We have been hot/dry the last 3 years. It has exposed the weak places in my system for sure. If there's a spot that only 2 heads hit as opposed to 3, it shows. So this time has given me the chance to tweak some heads/nozzles so hopefully when we get back to normal(if that ever happens) I can turn the run times down and save some water...

Since many of us are experiencing major drought, I am sure noticing the poor/marginal installs.
Where I am at, we haven't had squat for rain, along with high temps every day, the city water pressure is lower than normal (which wasn't all that great to begin with).
To me, it's just bringing home the fact of how important a good design is. Proper spacing, not trying to "stretch" the number of heads on a zone, etc.
Even when things are right, it's almost too much to keep up with.