PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose? a

captbenjy
07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, newb here looking for advice. I'm looking at purchasing a new commercial mower and have been looking at 2 different models in particular. I'd like to know what you think and would really like to see if anyone is familiar with these particular models. Give me your honest opinions on each of these two.

1. Toro 3000 series, model:74951. This one is supposed to have a 20hp kawasaki. Seems they're discontinuing this model for some reason and that makes me nervous.

2. Exmark Pioneer S-series, model: PNS651KA483. This one has a bigger motor, but not as stout of a deck and ungreasable spindles.

Now I'm a homeowner not a contractor and currently own a timecutter that i'm looking to upgrade from. I'm just looking to get the best for my money. The Toro is priced at $6399, and the Exmark is $6199. I was thinking the Toro was a better deal, but the motor has me questioning the decision. Is this going to be strong enough? I've read where Kawasaki is rating this motor at 19hp now. Thanks in advance.

Capemay Eagle
07-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, newb here looking for advice. I'm looking at purchasing a new commercial mower and have been looking at 2 different models in particular. I'd like to know what you think and would really like to see if anyone is familiar with these particular models. Give me your honest opinions on each of these two.

1. Toro 3000 series, model:74951. This one is supposed to have a 20hp kawasaki. Seems they're discontinuing this model for some reason and that makes me nervous.

2. Exmark Pioneer S-series, model: PNS651KA483. This one has a bigger motor, but not as stout of a deck and ungreasable spindles.

Now I'm a homeowner not a contractor and currently own a timecutter that i'm looking to upgrade from. I'm just looking to get the best for my money. The Toro is priced at $6399, and the Exmark is $6199. I was thinking the Toro was a better deal, but the motor has me questioning the decision. Is this going to be strong enough? I've read where Kawasaki is rating this motor at 19hp now. Thanks in advance.
The Toro would be my choice! Toro builds a great commercial mower! If it helps, my engine was discontinued. Just the way of the dodo.

fentonlawncare
07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Toro is the way to go. I would not be concerned about the engine. I have read on the forums here that the new exmarks don't cut as well anymore under higher speeds.

captbenjy
07-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas. I've got a toro timecutter 4220 (I think) now that i've literally beat the crap out of. Just trying to put my mind at ease on the lack of power on the more expensive mower I guess.