PDA

View Full Version : Leaf removal- trac Vac or Billy Goat?

lawngurutampa
07-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey lawnsite members,

Looking to add leaf removal to my services provided next fall. Live in FL so the leaf problem isn't major but they do accumulate. I am going to work it into a customers regular maintenance. The yards are less than 1/4 acre with leaves only covering the fronts.

I need input from people who have used either one of these machines. Give me the pros and cons of each unit.

The trac vac looks like it would be much easier to empty out compared to the billy goat, or is emptying the BG not bad?

The self propelled BG... pain in the butt? not bad? Spend the extra money and get one with real tires and a gearbox?

Look forward to the responses. Figure you northern guys will know all about these units.

appalachianoutdoors
10-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey lawnsite members,

Looking to add leaf removal to my services provided next fall. Live in FL so the leaf problem isn't major but they do accumulate. I am going to work it into a customers regular maintenance. The yards are less than 1/4 acre with leaves only covering the fronts.

I need input from people who have used either one of these machines. Give me the pros and cons of each unit.

The trac vac looks like it would be much easier to empty out compared to the billy goat, or is emptying the BG not bad?

The self propelled BG... pain in the butt? not bad? Spend the extra money and get one with real tires and a gearbox?

Look forward to the responses. Figure you northern guys will know all about these units.
I own two trac vac and really like both. My 880 will take up leaves from the ztr really well. I have the remote attachment and use it to clean out landscapes and hard to reach places.
Posted via Mobile Device

32vld
10-19-2014, 02:51 PM
55 gal leaf bag fits over the BG bag. So emptying the BG is not that bad.

The hose attachment is a waste of money. Bag gets 2/5 filled and the suction drops down enough that the tube continually plugs up. Vacuum hose option is a waste of money.

So I took off the whole tube assembly including the black front flap that brings the tube into postion to use the tube. Result is that the air enters the vac opening pulling in the leaves better.

Does a so so job on acorns and will not pick up green gum balls. Though will take in brown dry ones when given a push with a leaf rake.

The BG mulching ability varies based on dryness and kinds of leaves.

My JD 36" WB with a bagger picks up the leaves much better then the BG lawn vac. I think my WB with Bag will be used more then the BG LVac this year.

Now if I had the money I would buy a Trac Vac 862 Pro to pull behind my JD rider.