PDA

View Full Version : Price Per Sq Ft.

Ric
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM

I stole this link from the Off Topic Forum because I think it relates heavy to Fert & Squirt Pricing. The per cut mowing prices in this article are higher than what most are charging for Fert & Squirt.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443931404577549022147801682.html?mod=WSJ_hps_sections_realestate

Snapper12
07-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Portland, Ore.
Other Side of the Fence
$35 for a roughly 2,500-square-foot lawn ($14 per 1,000 square feet)

"I generally will sweep rather than use a blower," says owner Corbin Gentzler. A blower is unnecessary for the largely urban yards he tends, he says. "It's just as easy to grab a push broom and sweep it up."

WOW, I wonder if he uses a push reel mower also?

Ric
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
WOW, I wonder if he uses a push reel mower also?

The point here is some guys aren't getting $ 5.00 a thousand to Fertilize.

Cadzilla
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Thats the way lawn care is and always has been. The higher the sq footage the lower the per thousand rate.

It's why I love 3000 sq footers.

Think Green
07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
$5.00--8.00 per K is the going rate here Ric.
We don't have any lawns in town less than 8K for residentials. Corner lot homes is around 15K and the estate homes start at around 15K and stop at 30K. Prime Golf estate homes is at an acre.
The reality is planning on the upselling to compensate for the loss at weekly venues of mowing. The mowing is a constant and all other upsells is profit.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
We don't have any lawns in town less than 8K for residentials. Corner lot homes is around 15K and the estate homes start at around 15K and stop at 30K. Prime Golf estate homes is at an acre.
The reality is planning on the upselling to compensate for the loss at weekly venues of mowing. The mowing is a constant and all other upsells is profit.

Same pricing here for me. Lower end of that range for 1 ac +, upper end of range for small resi's.

Ric
07-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Thats the way lawn care is and always has been. The higher the sq footage the lower the per thousand rate.

It's why I love 3000 sq footers.

A men on the Postage stamps. Normal size lot in my area is 80 X 120 or 9600 Sq ft total. Average house is 2200 to 2400 sq ft now add in a swimming pool and Circular Driveway plus Ornamental beds and you end up with about 3,000 sq ft of turf. My minimum is $ 75.00 a treatment and 12 treatments a year. Of course I throw in Inside Pest Control as a Freebie.

Florida Weed and Insect pressure is the highest in the nation. I am using Arena which costs me about $ 4.50 a thousand. Now add in Fert & weed control and my $ 15.00 a thousand doesn't sound too high. Of course I don't put down Arena everytime but Fungicides aren't cheap either.

Think Green
07-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Ric,
I Know that in my area there is competitor's who is making bids on the full monty at 12 month estimates. They are making the mistake at estimating the size of the lawn and saying--"Yeah," I can mow, blow, trim, spray all they want for 35.00 a pop for these small lawns."
When I bid..........the fert and squirt is a separate estimation and is figured into the monthly cost. Two separate estimate's is given. The residential customer gets the same papers as the commercial one's do.
I wish that I could approach all bermuda lawns with the same ideal as the Zoysia's. No comparison to the density of the turf to crowd out weeds, so the Bermuda lawns will require more herbicide attention than the other.
My problem is getting more than 10.00 per K on the bigger one's per say the smaller one's. A no Brainer.!!
If a disease disaster occurs this is a special trip as well as armyworm and other invasive insects. These is considered emergency treatments as warrant 15.00 per K bills.