PDA

View Full Version : spot spray pricing

charmill26
07-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Hello I was wondering how you guys go about pricing spot spraying? I am not asking how much to charge I know my costs, labor, etc. I am asking how you charge the customer. Are you guys charging based on how many gallons you use per trip or do you have a set monthly price regardless of how much or how little is needed? Obviously each lawn is different and some require more work than others if they are a new customer with a troubled lawn. For those that include spot spraying with fertilizing apps do you guys just estimate roughly how many gallons of herbicide you think you would use per month/season and factor that in? Thanks.

PS I am certified/licensed I'm just trying to figure out the best way to bill

grandview (2006)
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
If your spot spraying you should only be using oz's not gallons. If it's that bad you need a blanket coverage.

charmill26
07-26-2012, 01:44 PM
On average I'd say I'm using 1-3 gallons for the initial spray. Most of the lawns are in good shape I just haven't done any weed control in past years. After the initial spray it's always been less than a gallon.

RigglePLC
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I suggest a dollar per minute. Spot spraying is time-comsuming. You have to walk the whole yard just looking for leaves. Charge for the trip, if a trip to the site is needed. The amount of solution used is not much and not much cost involved. You are using a backpack sprayer, right? How do you measure how much solution you used? Pour it out into a measuring bucket?

charmill26
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Yep using backpack sprayers. I eyeball down to the half gallon. I'm just trying to get pricing figured out for "typical" monthly spot spraying. I'm thinking once its a continuing customer and the initial weeds are under control I will be using a half gallon at the max each month if that. I'm thinking maybe factor in costs and time/labor for up to 1-2 gallons to figure out a set price? 2 gallons would be overkill but I'd like to cover myself just in case

cgaengineer
07-26-2012, 06:52 PM
If you have customer on a chem program spot spraying should be included.
Posted via Mobile Device

kbrashears
07-26-2012, 10:30 PM
If you have customer on a chem program spot spraying should be included.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's how I do it. If its a new account and there is a huge outbreak of Dallis and nutsedge, I might charge a small amount just for chemical costs.

But since I got my Z a couple of years ago, I don't backpack much at all. Keep aux tank and two big tanks with their own chemicals and use the machine to do all the work.

ted putnam
07-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you there doing regular maintenance/mowing or are you making a special trip? If making a special trip, I suggest half of a regular app price. Just a thought.

kbrashears, I'm really seeing that I should have had one of those independent tanks installed instead of one of the trays on my z-sprays. This drought has made me hold my purse strings a lot tighter these days but I think that is something I'll spring for before next season.

n-green
07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I just sell a program. Service calls are free but rarely needed.

kbrashears
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Are you there doing regular maintenance/mowing or are you making a special trip? If making a special trip, I suggest half of a regular app price. Just a thought.

kbrashears, I'm really seeing that I should have had one of those independent tanks installed instead of one of the trays on my z-sprays. This drought has made me hold my purse strings a lot tighter these days but I think that is something I'll spring for before next season.

They just drop right into the tray. I can take it off the machine by lifting it out and unplugging it. Simple and easy. I really think I'm going to order a second one. One tank for sedges and grassy weeds. One for insecticide. Also, when it's pre time I spray as normal, then use the aux to hit the hard to reach areas and trim out all the curb sidewalk areas. Sure they are expensive, but well worth it.