PDA

View Full Version : Light Weight String Trimmer For My Wife

Lawn Novice
07-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I live on a corner lot which has a 140 foot long drainage ditch along one side. The banks of the ditch are sodded with St. Augustine grass. So I do not need a very powerful trimmer with a cutting wheel as the ditch is all sod. The drainage ditch is fairly step in that there is a 36" culvert under my driveway. I currently have a Stihl Kombi system with the trimmer attachment but my wife complains that it is to heavy. Does anyone make a reliable light weight string trimmer that she could use to trim the ditch. It is a lot to trim with a string trimmer, but I am recovering from foot surgery and hired a lawn service to mow my yard and they did a horrible job, burned the yard in some spots, missed other spots. As soon as I can I need to get back to doing it myself. My wife will help if I find her a LIGHT WEIGHT trimmer. Hopefully you guys have an answer. I need to keep the help happy.:)

cgaengineer
07-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Which Kombi power head do you currently own?
Posted via Mobile Device

RAlmaroad
07-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Just pick your favorite trimmer and check out each one on the net. Generally a full description including weight is shown. Husqvarna, Toro, and Echo all make high quality trimmers with lower weight than the pro Red Max or similiar machines.

Lawn Novice
07-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I own the Stihl KM 55R power head.

cgaengineer
07-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I own the Stihl KM 55R power head.

That's why I asked, don't think you will find anything much lighter. Woman lack the upper body strength of men so you may want to try a shoulder strap on the trimmer.
Posted via Mobile Device

ReddensLawnCare
07-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Or try hiring a more reputable company. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

fredmullegun
07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
What about the Li-Ion powered ones from Stihl?

cgaengineer
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
What about the Li-Ion powered ones from Stihl?

Not a huge weight difference but it is a huge increase in price compared to its gas version.
Posted via Mobile Device