PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the Lawn Solutions dual hydro aerator

Efficiency
07-28-2012, 02:21 PM
We're ramping up for fall season with a projected 700 aerations. Need a new unit for inside gates. The toro rep brought us a hydro wb to try. However, I just realized Toro/Exmark didnt continue to offer the dual hydro that LS did. Anyone have any ideas where it went and when we can see it again?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Good question, it poof, disappeared.

grassmasterswilson
07-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I asked an ex mark dealer about servicing my ride on unit. He said that they were different and ex mark made some changes.

From pics they look te exact same. Guess Im screwed if something is needed
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-29-2012, 01:10 AM
grassmasters - I agree I would not want a LS machine right now. Exmark may not be too keen on fixing anything with green paint.

lawn king
07-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I was searching for the dual hydro yesterday, couldn't find anything. I would like to upgrade from my lawn solutions wb this fall!

Mauricedowell
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
We're ramping up for fall season with a projected 700 aerations. Need a new unit for inside gates. The toro rep brought us a hydro wb to try. However, I just realized Toro/Exmark didnt continue to offer the dual hydro that LS did. Anyone have any ideas where it went and when we can see it again?
I heard that Exmark is "working out the bugs" in the dual drive unit. We purchased 2 last fall and I wish we'd purchased 4.

A problem with them was the rear drive shaft was not beefy enough. Our mechanic welded the first one, but when it happened to the 2nd unit, our dealer had it retrofitted with a larger shaft.

Fyi, we use this unit with a Velke. It works wonders inside 42" walk gates, but really excels on large properties!

We are selling all of our Lawnaire V's for this extremely versatile aeration tool.

adam.neusbaum
08-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I just watched an old YouTube of this dual hydro unit & it made me look st my Turfco xt5 with disdain for making me work so hard. I'm thinking the Exmark version will be around $5k. At this point I couldn't use anything larger than the 24" on most of my jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

WestGaPineStraw
08-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Get a zplug, worth every penny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Efficiency
08-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Get a zplug, worth every penny.
Posted via Mobile Device

We did. Just wanting something easy for gated yards.

Duekster
11-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Gated Yards are the problem. Been sitting on the side lines waiting but will need to pull the trigger soon on something.