PDA

View Full Version : What is better than Round Up?

Fatdaddy
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I have a walking track at my church. Pavement has started to crack and weeds are coming up all over. Round up last about a month.
What is something BETTER than Round up.
I would like something that kills it and stays dead??

Toy2
07-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I have a walking track at my church. Pavement has started to crack and weeds are coming up all over. Round up last about a month.
What is something BETTER than Round up.
I would like something that kills it and stays dead??Gas, local illegal using gas to kill everything, even chemical edge....

RigglePLC
07-28-2012, 10:08 PM
If its not your property you need to be licensed. So hire someone who has the proper skill and equipment. He will use something like Roundup Extended Control--which includes a weed preventer. He might use Ortho Triox--a product designed to keep bare ground.

Hissing Cobra
07-28-2012, 10:10 PM
You can find a product called Pro-Deuce at your local John Deere Landscapes location. This product contains Prodiamine, which will prevent weeds from growing for up to 90 days. It also contains Glyphosate (the active ingredient in Round-Up). Thus, the Glyphosate will kill whatever you have that's actively growing and the Prodiamine will prevent anything else from coming up for 90 days. Of course, you will have to spray all areas thoroughly and be careful to not leave any skips or voids. Otherwise, you'll get stuff growing in those areas.

Fatdaddy
07-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Any of you hear of SPIKE stays dead up to 5 years..
Now that is a KILLER

http://www.rrsi.com/index.php?act=products.info&id=362&n=Spike80DF

http://store.parsonspestcontrol.com/spike80df.aspx

gunsnroses
07-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Spike?

Don't even think about using that. I going out on a limb and saying you don't have alot of experience. You can screw alot (By alot I mean EVERYTHING) of things up with Spike. A walking track is not the place for it.

Round up will not last one month as you say, it just kills what you see.... and don't soak the soil w/ RU...just wet the foliage. Do as others have mentioned, use preemergent.

Ric
07-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Spike?

Don't even think about using that. I going out on a limb and saying you don't have alot of experience. You can screw alot (By alot I mean EVERYTHING) of things up with Spike. A walking track is not the place for it.

Round up will not last one month as you say, it just kills what you see.... and don't soak the soil w/ RU...just wet the foliage. Do as others have mentioned, use preemergent..

Spike80DF is labelled for Pasture and Range land fence row applications not Residential or Commercial properties.

I am not saying Don't Use It, which might be the best advice. I am saying DON'T GET CAUGHT USING IT.

Pro-Deuce or Roundup Extend are just about the same thing or same theory and work both safe and effective. PLUS they are totally legal to use on a church or your home.

Fatdaddy
07-30-2012, 12:54 PM
But 5 years, now that is strong as a wedding breath and wont come back..
I'm gonna pray about it see what he says

gunsnroses
07-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Spray the Spike and say the devil made you do it.

WestGaPineStraw
07-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Spike80DF is labelled for Pasture and Range land fence row applications not Residential or Commercial properties.

I am not saying Don't Use It, which might be the best advice. I am saying DON'T GET CAUGHT USING IT.

Pro-Deuce or Roundup Extend are just about the same thing or same theory and work both safe and effective. PLUS they are totally legal to use on a church or your home.

Spike80DF, Same herbicide that killed the live oak at Auburn. I would not suggest it, it will work though.
Posted via Mobile Device

GALAWN
07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
mix a pre-m and roundup together.