PDA

View Full Version : Trimec Classic - Hose End Sprayer?

bae388
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey everyone,

This past year I've been using Trimec Classic on a lawn through a Ortho hose end sprayer. I set the sprayer to 1 tbsp/gal but end up using about a quart of the product in a 4000 sq ft area. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should set my hose end sprayer to? Maybe I'm over saturating as well...

The reason I ask, is I just applied the product today and we ended up getting a thunderstorm about 3 hours later. Therefore, I will probably have to retreat and don't want to end up burning through another quart of the stuff!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ric
07-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone,

This past year I've been using Trimec Classic on a lawn through a Ortho hose end sprayer. I set the sprayer to 1 tbsp/gal but end up using about a quart of the product in a 4000 sq ft area. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should set my hose end sprayer to? Maybe I'm over saturating as well...

The reason I ask, is I just applied the product today and we ended up getting a thunderstorm about 3 hours later. Therefore, I will probably have to retreat and don't want to end up burning through another quart of the stuff!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I believe your main problem is You are trying to making application of chemicals.

bae388
07-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand that sentence. The product works great, but how little do I actually need to control the weeds? I dont want to undertreat or overtreat. I'm certainly not incapable of treating a lawn with chemicals as you are hinting at. I simply wanted some advice from someone who applied the chemical via a hose end sprayer. Thank you for your input.

Think Green
07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
To be quite honest..........you didn't follow label instructions that employ the exclusions of using this product through any type of hose end sprayer.
First off, these types of sprayers are not even close to properly calibrated let alone safe to use for these types of applications.
Secondly, water pressure differs from home to home and is not constant anyway for you to safely administer your mixture.

The bad thing is you used a quart of this product on a 4 thousand square foot lawn.
BAD!!
The pro's will use 8 times less your mixture for the same square footage. You over applied this product according to the law......the label. Even though you over applied this product and with enough water to render it useless........the runoff can pose a problem let alone the quart of product around a residential area. I bet the smell was horrible at that quart.
This thread smells like a State Inspector trying to catch a mouse!!!

Think Green
07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
I apply through a calibrated system with filters, ball valves, and pressure regulation. The product comes out of a approved shower gun. The product comes out consistently!

bae388
07-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Thank you Thick Green for educating me on this.

RigglePLC
07-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Use an ounce per gallon. Apply that gallon of water solution to 1000 square feet. Repeat for remaining 3000 square feet.

However you will not need treat again due to rain. Chemical should be into the weed and absorbed after about an hour.

For best results call a pro--proper equipment--training--knowledge--its worth it.