PDA

View Full Version : transfer tank

Junior M
07-29-2012, 10:39 PM
I gotta short bed truck and wanna keep my toolbox..

So what would you recommend for a transfer tank and pump set up?

The past few days broke me of 5 gallon cans..

JDz425
07-29-2012, 11:49 PM
My dad had a Diesel Fuel Transfer tank in his shortbed his was a L shape but the L would be facing the other way but anyway i dont rememeber how many gallons it could hold but he just put his toolbox right on top of that. there was still some bed room.

nolatoolguy
07-30-2012, 01:08 AM
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_fuel-transfer-lubrication+auxiliary-transfer-skid-tanks+auxiliary-transfer-tank-toolbox-combos

Check out northerns selections set up of transfer/toolbox tanks.

Just dont forget the weight of the fuel. I knew a guy who had a f150 put a 190 gallon fuel tank an didnt realize till after it was full the weight hes putting on his truck an that it leaves less capacity for other stuff.

tnmtn
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I picked up one of the 15 gal. tanks from northern tool that looks like a compressed air tank. it's gravity feed so no need for a pump. what i like is that i can strap it in when needed and when it's empty it's easy to take out. it has a nozzle and valve that keep the fuel from flowing and enough hose to reach from the bed to the backhoe tank fill. some people mount them on the upper side of their bed similar to a compressor on a service truck.

AEL
07-30-2012, 07:25 PM
i have an L shaped tank and i love it. holds about 400 litres worth. sets my tool box about 10-12" back as the top of the L sits at the front top of the box. I wont own a pickup without one.

KrayzKajun
07-30-2012, 07:48 PM
i have an L shaped tank and i love it. holds about 400 litres worth. sets my tool box about 10-12" back as the top of the L sits at the front top of the box. I wont own a pickup without one.

Thts the type of tank I'm looking to get for my dually. I've decided its time to get one since I have my truck,skidsteer and tractor that run on diesel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Junior M
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
is that in your Chevy?

tnmtn
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
if your asking me about the Chevy Jr., I can move it from truck to truck wherever it's needed. Most of the time it rides in my little mazda truck with the tools. I have been using the little truck for most running around and trying to limit towing miles. 25mpg gas compared to 14mpg diesel has saved quite a bit of money.

Junior M
07-31-2012, 09:35 PM
I meant tss, sorry bout the confusion. Haha.

Krafty
07-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Try tank depot.com I have bought a few of the l shaped tanks. Don't get anything but the fil right pump.

AEL
08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes in my chev

GreenI.A.
08-03-2012, 12:36 AM
We run a L shaped tank as well under the tool box. One thing I didn't see anyone else post is that you are going to loose a lot of bed room in your short bed. I'm sure you currently slide long tools into your bed under your tool box. The L shape tanks take up that area. Between the tank and box it only leaves about 4' of the bed left.