PDA

View Full Version : Well I broke down

muddywater
07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
and bought 2 Ditch Witch sk650s. All this talk about how good they were finally got me to buy a used one... then I ended up buying another used one a couple weeks later. I like the machines. I have 2 toro dingo tx525s and 1 dingo toro tx425. Now I am not going to be a toro dingo basher now, because they are damn good machines. I really haven't had too many problems out of them.

The things I like about the Ditch Witch are: The ride platform is nicer. You stand a little higher which is nice. The machine is quieter than my tx525... I guess because of the turbo. It will pick up a little more weight. The hydraulic power seems to be about the same as the tx525 maybe a tiny bit more. It goes a little faster in reverse than the dingo, which is nice for harley raking. It seems to go a little faster forward too, but the specs say it is the same.

I do think the dingo is a little more turf friendly because of the tracks and it weighs about 700lbs less and you can jump off the machine. I think the dingo is a little easier for a first time employee to operate. The ditch witch is pretty sensitive and has a little bit of a learning curve.

Overall I like the ditch witch better. I would say it is about 10-15% more productive. As I thought, it doesn't BLOW a diesel dingo tx525 out of the water, but it is a little bit nicer machine.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
wow you have 5 walk behinds. You must have a good business!

muddywater
07-30-2012, 10:51 PM
wow you have 5 walk behinds. You must have a good business!

well I am going to sell two of my dingos. I bought them all used, so I really don't have alot of money tied up in them.

It seems like you if you have one dingo, your f***ed if it ever goes down when you rely on them everyday. Or you try to juggle it between two install crews. Then you buy another one. Then there is that one sh**tty week in the middle of the summer on a big job with a deadline where both of them break down at the same time. And the rental place wants a grand a week. So now I have three... well 5 for now but 3 is the right number!