PDA

View Full Version : Crabgrass stage

RigglePLC
07-31-2012, 09:50 PM
At what stage is crabgrass in your area?

About what date did the seed heads first appear?
They first appeared here in Grand Rapids about July 30, after a good rain shower.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Got crab in all different stages here, mostly all around boundaries. Seed heads - I would say I started seeing some about 2 weeks ago mid July.

Hoping Drive XLR8 is doing its job.

pinto n mwr
07-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Same here. However not a big fan of the XLR8. Hoping to be because of it being liquid and easier mixing but didn't like the results. Looks like I'll be going back to the pellets and hoping they all dissolve before application.

Mscotrid
08-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Pinto, make sure you add the MSO at 1/2 oz per 1000 with the xlr8 big difference in control. Photos below show a spring seeded soccer field with no Pre-E. 2nd photo is 7 days later sprayed in July with Xlr8 64oz/acre with 22oz of MSO/acre. MSO is the answer, stop using non-ionics or dish soap.

Yatt
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Right now the crab is growing great in the drought. Anywhere from middle stage to having seed heads.

I saw the first about the first week of July, A lot more the second week and it is coming on strong now where there is no Pre -M.

I treated with Signature 19-0-06 w/Dimension .010 on all my accounts March 26 and June 29. Have had zero crabgrass eruptions. Soil temps were @ 60 degrees at the first application which is a good 5 weeks earlier than normal.

SmartLawnCare
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Started seeing small crabgrass plants early June in Akron, OH. Edges and open spots. Growth didn't take off until mid-June after two days of significant rain. Currently in full growth, seeding.

Did split applications for first time this season, March-end of May first round, May-mid June second round. Using TeamPro and some Dimension. Only break through on edges and bare spots :realmad:

Drive XLR8 has been working great for us. Small, medium or large plants. Just be accurate with the mixing, 1.5 oz/gallon plus .75 oz/MSO, spray only used in temps under 85.

Tried Solitare last year, $$$ and not so great on nutsedge.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Pinto, make sure you add the MSO at 1/2 oz per 1000 with the xlr8 big difference in control. Photos below show a spring seeded soccer field with no Pre-E. 2nd photo is 7 days later sprayed in July with Xlr8 64oz/acre with 22oz of MSO/acre. MSO is the answer, stop using non-ionics or dish soap.

I would disagree with the use of non ionics. I used Chameleon sticker with Drive XLR8 and it worked wonderfully. Crab smoked in one week.