PDA

View Full Version : your fall plan of attack

grassmasterswilson
08-04-2012, 08:20 AM
While I mainly concentrate on direct mail at the beginning of the year I did try a small fall seeding campaign last year. It wasn't very successful, but chalked it up to a branding mailing.

I'm really trying to grow and considered this idea. Maybe a card with part showing example of aeration/seeding and then another showing a warm season lawn that had been treated with fall pre/not treated(hoping to show a nice clean dormant lawn vs one with henbit, poa, etc).

While I condon onetime apps it is part of my business. Hope I can upsale and get a season long customer, although it may be wrong time considering this is the last app of the year.

So what if anything do you plan to do? Would love to hear some ideas.

inzane
08-04-2012, 10:13 AM
i attatched a picture of a post card i'm working on now. i had searched fall flyers for lawn care on google, and saw something similar with that question, so i used that question and added to it with the information on whats needed for each grass type. in my area there are lots of split lawns, so its hard to target one area for aeration and seeding.. so i figured it would work for both grass types. so mabee i'd get some people with bermuda lawns thinking about preventing winter weeds and getting it ready for next season. its not a final copy, would have some free offer in the yellow box, and coupons on the back, more info.. etc. :)

While I mainly concentrate on direct mail at the beginning of the year I did try a small fall seeding campaign last year. It wasn't very successful, but chalked it up to a branding mailing.

I'm really trying to grow and considered this idea. Maybe a card with part showing example of aeration/seeding and then another showing a warm season lawn that had been treated with fall pre/not treated(hoping to show a nice clean dormant lawn vs one with henbit, poa, etc).

While I condon onetime apps it is part of my business. Hope I can upsale and get a season long customer, although it may be wrong time considering this is the last app of the year.

So what if anything do you plan to do? Would love to hear some ideas.

Smallaxe
08-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I'll admit that I only do cool-season grasses this far north, but are you guys able to pre-m in the Fall AND overseed the very same turf? How do you sequence that process?

inzane
08-04-2012, 10:42 AM
no.. lots of split lawns in metro atlanta though.. pre emergent on the warm season turf only in the fall. i've never used a pre emergent on cool season grass in the fall.

I'll admit that I only do cool-season grasses this far north, but are you guys able to pre-m in the Fall AND overseed the very same turf? How do you sequence that process?

Duekster
08-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Typically skip the pre-em in the fall if over seeding

grassmasterswilson
08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
What I meant in the original post was targeting fescue over seeding and Bermuda pre. I am in the transition zone and have both warm and cool. I am seeing a switch over from fescue due in part to the heat and brown patch taking care of them
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
08-04-2012, 07:29 PM
What I meant in the original post was targeting fescue over seeding and Bermuda pre. I am in the transition zone and have both warm and cool. I am seeing a switch over from fescue due in part to the heat and brown patch taking care of them
Posted via Mobile Device

Can not help you with the fescue... I have always felt what was done in the fall means the most to the health of the lawn. Problem is people do not think that way.

TheBetterDoorhanger
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
If you decide to do any direct mail, check out A'Deas Printing. I know we have a few specials going on now on those.. We can either mail to a list you provide, or we can help you pin point areas you want to target and get the direct mail piece to the customers. If you want to saturate an area(s) we have a special right now for 2,500 for $725, includes design, printing, mailing, and postage. If you are looking for door hangers or flyers, we can do those as well. Check out our website www.adeasprinting.com. We can send out a sample packet of our products or you can call or email for more info. You can ask for myself if you'd like, my name is Glenda. Our number is 1-866-778-4254 or shoot me an email anytime at glenda@adeasprinting.com

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
We were also thinking about a fall flyer this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I can attest to Adeas - they do a nice job, quality, and fast.

TheBetterDoorhanger
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks "DA Quality Lawn & YS". We always like to hear good things :) Hope everything worked out for you. Let me know if you need anything else from us!
For anyone else, we do have sample packets available as well, if anyone is interested let me know, I'd be glad to shoot one out!