PDA

View Full Version : Help with ants!!!!

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
They are in my truck everywhere. What can I use to successfully get rid of these suckers (sugar ants) I'm vacuuming the he11 outta it to get rid of any food sources but I need these guys gone stat. Got a dinner date with a high class lady friend of mine tonight. She knows I'm a bit redneck but I at least want the bugs gone haha.

Ric
08-05-2012, 12:06 PM

First get a Aerosol Bug Spray and fire hose the inside of your truck. Then shut the door and let the hot sun bake it for an hour or more. This should give a Fumigation type effect in the hot sun.

Now Detail the inside of the truck using a deodorant/cleaner to cover the Bug Juice smell.

Inside Pest Control secret:

Should you of missed the Queen/colony Back up your treatment with Terro Ant Bait but water it down 50/50 to be more effective. Terro Ant Baits Kill too quick and don't get back to the queen. By watering it down it works slower and gets to the Queen. A true case of Less is better. BTW Bait take weeks to work.

Duekster
08-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Baits are slow but great. Far more effective in the long run

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, I was hesitant on what to use as my cab is a more confined space and don't wanna breathe pesticide as I drive. I will park and leave windows down after to help air out.

44DCNF
08-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Better yet, don't take a date out in your work truck.

Ric
08-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, I was hesitant on what to use as my cab is a more confined space and don't wanna breathe pesticide as I drive. I will park and leave windows down after to help air out.

Ammonium, Lysol, Clorox or Peroxide are Oxidizers that neutralize the Pesticide. Most aerosols are made from Pyrethriods type insecticides. While they will burn your throat a little and not real good to breath, They are not known to be dangerous to mammals. Of Course don't use any of these cleaning product full strength because they are more Toxic than the Pesticide.

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Better yet, don't take a date out in your work truck.

ok we'll just walk :dizzy: lol

Ric
08-05-2012, 01:47 PM
ok we'll just walk :dizzy: lol

This is the new age, MAKE HER DRIVE and while your at it she can pay. :weightlifter: or :cry:

OakNut
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Don't bother taking any condoms because this date ends after "check please".

:laugh:

Ric
08-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Don't bother taking any condoms because this date ends after "check please".

:laugh:.

Don't be so pessimistic. Many girls go for the Bad Boy Image. There is an old motto of mine that has worked for many years. "Treat a Lady Like a Ho and Ho like a lady."

KrayzKajun
08-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Don't be so pessimistic. Many girls go for the Bad Boy Image. There is an old motto of mine that has worked for many years. "Treat a Lady Like a Ho and Ho like a lady."

Aint that the truth. Lol I've gotten more sex from my wife when I come home in dirty jeans and work boots, than all cleaned up fresh out the shower.
Posted via Mobile Device