PDA

View Full Version : Illegal activity on google maps

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2012, 02:13 PM
So I was google mapping a new address and caught a satellite picture of a turf and ornamental spray rig filling up off a fire hydrant at the end of a dead end road. I cant make out any signs all you can see is a white cab over flatbed but thought it was an interesting catch.

Duekster
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
You can buy/rent a meter to fill up tanks.

Patriot Services
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Unlicensed scrubbery knows no bounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2012, 02:35 PM
You can buy/rent a meter to fill up tanks.

At the end of a looong random dead end road?

Ric
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
So I was google mapping a new address and caught a satellite picture of a turf and ornamental spray rig filling up off a fire hydrant at the end of a dead end road. I cant make out any signs all you can see is a white cab over flatbed but thought it was an interesting catch..

To me this is more a statement about BIG BROTHER WATCHING YOU than stealing a little water.

I have filled up from City water off a Fire Plug. But I can only do it where standard Garden Hose fitting are supplied. These are on most turn around Islands on Dead end streets for watering the Plants.

inzane
08-05-2012, 02:49 PM
seems fishy, but.. mabee the guy had the meter and permits or whatever... and just didn't want to fill up his truck in front of potential customers houses..

mjlcare2
08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Whats the address? I want to see this.. good laugh atleast

RussellB
08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Some jurisdictions have dedicated hydrants for contractors. Hydrant use can stir the sediments in the water main leading to discolored water. The fewer customers affected the better.