PDA

View Full Version : Pump setup - Anything missing?

soafone
08-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I am setting up a pump to draw water from the river. At the pump outlet, I have a pressure gauge, a pressure relief valve, a ball valve, a tee filter (50 mesh), another ball valve, then a 1/2 boiler drain (to winterize). Also, at the bottom of the filter I am using a 1" elec valve to flush. Am I missing anything or is there anything I should add? I am going to house this in a dog house. Any other suggestions?
Posted via Mobile Device

1idejim
08-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I am setting up a pump to draw water from the river. At the pump outlet, I have a pressure gauge, a pressure relief valve, a ball valve, a tee filter (50 mesh), another ball valve, then a 1/2 boiler drain (to winterize). Also, at the bottom of the filter I am using a 1" elec valve to flush. Am I missing anything or is there anything I should add? I am going to house this in a dog house. Any other suggestions?
Posted via Mobile Device

what kind of dog?
Posted via Mobile Device

hoskm01
08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
What is the temperature of the river water?

Stuttering Stan
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd recommend a telescopic pipe stretcher for when the water recedes during drought conditions. Saves the headache of getting your butt wet. Most well/ pump distributors carry them.

txirrigation
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I am going to house this in a dog house. What?

Yes you are missing some stuff.

hoskm01
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd recommend a telescopic pipe stretcher for when the water recedes during drought conditions. Saves the headache of getting your butt wet. Most well/ pump distributors carry them.
You get a pair of waders when you file a warranty claim on the stretcher, a pretty good deal. Stretcher and wader package. (http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com)

jvanvliet
08-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Inversion hydrometer to maintain prime and a digital water brake to regulate water current.

1idejim
08-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes you are missing some stuff.

Let me guess.

Dog?
Posted via Mobile Device

soafone
08-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Any links on the telescopic pipe stretcher (1-1/4"), inversion hydrometer, and digital water brake are appreciated. That is, if the latter two are not a joke...lol. I have never heard of them. Thanks for the ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

soafone
08-09-2012, 05:05 AM
The dog house to house the pump was my idea. I then found that other installers were also using them. There should be enough room to mount the pump and pump start relay. the filter will most likely stick out the front a bit but the pump and relay will stay nice and dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

1idejim
08-09-2012, 06:08 PM
The dog house to house the pump was my idea. go figure? i can't think of a dog willing to give his house up without a fight :rolleyes:

I then found that other installers were also using them.
must be a bunch of cold dogs in canada. :rolleyes:

There should be enough room to mount the pump and pump start relay. wouldn't be if you left the dog alone. :rolleyes:

the filter will most likely stick out the front a bit but the pump and relay will stay nice and dry. you'll forget about a dry pump when the wet dog gets into the garage.

forgive me, i was just foolin' about :)

soafone
08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I bought a used pump today. The funniest thing I've ever seen.... it is mounted inside two valve boxes stuck together to make a housing! I paid $30 bucks. The pump is only a small 1/2 hp but I figure I got my money's worth from the valve boxes alone...lol!!
Posted via Mobile Device