PDA

View Full Version : To kill a yard...

johnnybow
08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I got a call today from a potential customer that is getting his yard re done. Another contractor is going to install the yard but he wanted the home owner to go with a licensed pest applicator to spray the existing yard and kill it. Ive never sprayed this big of a area yet and im not sure what to charge. Time is of the essence for this guy and he wants it done this week. Meaning i need to arrange my schedule to do it. Its aproximatly 2 acres. I know prices are accross the board, but aproximatly what would you charge to do something like this? thanks

greendoctor
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Figure what it costs to apply 1 gallon per acre of RoundUP, 16 oz of Fusilade and 32 oz Turflon Ester.

Ric
08-06-2012, 06:18 PM

One of my main networking partners is a Sod Company. I do enough Kill outs that I keep a 65 gallon 12V sprayer with a 300Ft hose reel ready all the time. This unit is on a trailer and I only have to hook up and go. Because of the volume of business and smaller size of the yards I charge $ 0.02 an sq ft with a $ 100 minimum. Two acres even with my power equipment I wouldn't charge under $ 250 an acre. The only reason I would go as low as $ 250 an acre is to give a competitive price. No matter how good you spray you will miss spots and need to at least spot treat a second time. Kill outs are not all that simple and use 2 gallons a thousand to be sure and get a good kill. If you back pack the job it will take a lot of time and you will be sore. If you use power equipment you will spend hours cleaning it. That is why I have a dedicated sprayer for Kill Outs.

johnnybow
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I plan on using a 25 gallon femco boom sprayer

Ric
08-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I plan on using a 25 gallon femco boom sprayer

That will work great. But remember you have to clean it real good if you ever plan to use it on Shrubs. Don't fear charging the customer, Burn outs aren't that easy and you will be spot spraying your misses.

Peachtree Environmental
08-06-2012, 09:36 PM
you could use a tracker and see where you've sprayed to not have any skips.

Duekster
08-06-2012, 10:05 PM
you will be spot spraying your misses.

She likes it. :laugh: