PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my first price quote

NewLandscaper
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
This is my first job and I want to see how everybody else would quote it to see how close I came. Below are the specifics. If I miss a detail just assume the baiscs to fill in the blank. I am suppose to do this job on Thursday. Thanks for your help!!

1- There is 2253 sq feet of mulch beds filled with mostly shrubs. I need to #1 culivate and apply weed treatment to the beds. How much would you charge?

2- Cover the entire area with Pine straw mulch. Assume the cost per bale is $4. What would you charge?

3- Trim all bushes and shrubs around the perimeter of the house. Assume they are all under shoulder height and there are 19 of them. Whats your charge for that?

I priced these ala carte please price per job. thanks again!

Smallaxe
08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I'd trim bushes first and figure on 3 hours, including rough cleanup... cultivating depends upon roots near the surface and size of the weeds, perhaps 3-5 hours... weed treatment would be Roundup for tenacious perennial weeds, to kill the roots and pre-m to prevent new seedlings,,, so add an hour or 2 for that... 10 bales of straw may or may not be enough, but you need to charge for pickup and spreading about for another 3 hrs or so...
I'd charge for 2 days plus expenses...

NewLandscaper
08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
How much do you charge per hour? Should I assume 60 per hour if you're doing it alone?

QUOTE=Smallaxe;4492559]I'd trim bushes first and figure on 3 hours, including rough cleanup... cultivating depends upon roots near the surface and size of the weeds, perhaps 3-5 hours... weed treatment would be Roundup for tenacious perennial weeds, to kill the roots and pre-m to prevent new seedlings,,, so add an hour or 2 for that... 10 bales of straw may or may not be enough, but you need to charge for pickup and spreading about for another 3 hrs or so...
I'd charge for 2 days plus expenses...[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device

NewLandscaper
08-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I quoted them at 782. Thanks

UOTE=Smallaxe;4492559]I'd trim bushes first and figure on 3 hours, including rough cleanup... cultivating depends upon roots near the surface and size of the weeds, perhaps 3-5 hours... weed treatment would be Roundup for tenacious perennial weeds, to kill the roots and pre-m to prevent new seedlings,,, so add an hour or 2 for that... 10 bales of straw may or may not be enough, but you need to charge for pickup and spreading about for another 3 hrs or so...
I'd charge for 2 days plus expenses...[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device