PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for moss control

grassman1973
08-08-2012, 12:07 AM
hello everyone just wanted to see if anyone had any ifo about moss control i do use an iron product which works really well im on vancouver island and my supplier will not be bringing this in anymore due to restrictions in the vancouver and vancouver island with the use of iron to control moss written into the bylaw of ban of herbicides for cosmetic use and help would be great as i got everyone looked after this year and with the rain we get over the winter season the moss will return but my products will not be :( evergrow is the distributer if you know of any other please let me know
cheers

nickslawnltd
08-08-2012, 12:23 AM
We use lime

Smallaxe
08-08-2012, 06:53 AM
If you do things other than squirt&fert, you might have the client give you the go ahead, to aerate, topdress and overseed, then put him on a sensible irrigation strategy...
even if you kill the moss, aren't you left with bare dirt???

grassman1973
08-08-2012, 11:21 AM
If you do things other than squirt&fert, you might have the client give you the go ahead, to aerate, topdress and overseed, then put him on a sensible irrigation strategy...
even if you kill the moss, aren't you left with bare dirt???

well we do that to the lawns that are very bad after the moss control kills the moss off but due to natural causes ie rain we cant control the irrigation systems LOL as for lime it dosen't kill moss off it help condition the soil to help prevent it from returning i couldn't use enough lime to drop the ph to a reasonable level

Puttinggreens
08-08-2012, 12:24 PM
We use punctuation. It tends to make life easier for all. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but you will get a better response from people if your posts are readable.

Good Luck

ArTurf
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Moss generally thrives in an enviroment that is favorable, all plants for that matter. If you do not change the conditions most likely you will not keep the moss away.