PDA

View Full Version : Case 1845C

ipm
01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
I am about to purchase a Case 1845C(2002). My question is how do they compare to Bocat brand loaders. Are they closer to the 7 series or the 8 series???

I am also considering a Harley Rake. I have always used Rock Hound/Landscape Rake. Thanks for your help!!

This Case machine will only need to move some pallets of grass(Bermuda) around, and light grading/ prep work.

SWD
01-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Ipm, Idon't know how the Case compares to the Bobcats, but I do know how the Harley Rake works with skidsteers.
I have a T-5 behind a compact tractor and have encountered several problems with the T-5. As I spoke with Glenmac, the parts guy there told me what I experierenced was similar to the skidsteer models.
Problems were: pivot point for hydraulic cylinder that controls axial adjustmunt of the drum repeatedly shearing off. Leaking seals, shorn main drum drive chain.
Apparently, none of the machines were ever made to do anything but a straight line.
I would call Glenmac, speak to the parts dept and determine what part calls they are getting these days.

SCL
01-12-2003, 02:12 PM
The 1845 compares to the 853 Bobcat. Fair lifting capacity, around 2000 lbs. , on a short wheelbase. Makes the a little rocky, back tires like to come up. Also, they have hand controls for the bucket, Bobcat comes standard with foot controls. Tons of them out there, lots of people love them. I'd opt for a longer wheelbase if you have the chance, but an 1845 should work for pallets of sod or geeting around tight areas. Good Luck
Scott

Mowingman
01-12-2003, 03:35 PM
I have a lot of time on both the Case 1845 and various Bobcat machines. I have always liked the Case better. I feel the Case is easier to turn real tight than the Bobcat. It seems to turn more smoothly without a lot of "hopping". I like the hand controls a lot better than the foot pedals. This is a personal preference, but I can operate the boom and bucket a lot smoother with the hand controls. I have found the 1845 to be almost too small for moving pallets of sod. You can pick them up, but you sure don't want to try to carry them far if ground is not perfectily level and smooth. A good heavy pallet of sod is pushing the safety limits of the 1845.:)

Imow4u2
01-19-2003, 09:19 PM
hard to beat the Case with the big Cummins 3.9b motor. If it is set up right with counter weights and you keep the fuel tank full she will be steady with 2000-2500 lbs. One thing that is often times over looked with novice operators is that while in transport the load needs to be kept low,hell of a lot safer too........:D

ksss
01-20-2003, 08:25 PM
The 1845C is a great machine, very durable, and have good resale value. Is this from a dealer or private? There is some great rebates and interest rates going at Case right now. I just bought a 70XT and traded in an 1840 (November). I was planning on waiting until spring but the incentives were too good to pass up. The incentives don't apply to the remaining 1800 series I was told. This 70XT is very impressive so far. It has the same turbo 3.9 as my 95XT in a package that is only 66" wide (can be spec. to different widths). I tried a Bobcat S185 and a T190. The 70 was a lot more machine. The lift on the 70 is 2000 pounds.

lars
02-17-2003, 05:22 PM
I would take a Harley over a Rockhound for many reasons. First they provide a better finish. The Harley actually digs down a few inches, much deeper than a Rockhound. This allows for a deeper penetration and a looser seedbed. You actually have to have a somewhat loose seedbed to use a Harley. I've seen people run Rockhounds over compacted earth and scrape that top 1/2 inch and pick up trash and have a "perfect" seedbed. Well the roots never grow and turf is dead in July.

Also the Harley is smaller and has less moving parts. You don't have to go in reverse too. I'm not sure in price, though. We run a Rochound on our skid steer and a CHAIN DRIVEN Harley with our tractor. The Harley is much better.