PDA

View Full Version : Historic Drought

agrostis
08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/08/us-usa-drought-idUSBRE8771FF20120808

irritation
08-09-2012, 07:12 PM
It didn't rain for two months but now have customers that know how much it takes to water.

ArTurf
08-09-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't want to wish hardship on anyone but I come to realize I like drought conditions from a business standpoint and here's why. It makes mowing easier when you can control the water (most of my lawns are irrigated). Weed control in easier when you can control the water. And finally it's good for the irrigation business as it exposes the poor designs of many/most of the installers in my area.

1idejim
08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't want to wish hardship on anyone but I come to realize I like drought conditions from a business standpoint and here's why. It makes mowing easier when you can control the water (most of my lawns are irrigated). Weed control in easier when you can control the water. And finally it's good for the irrigation business as it exposes the poor designs of many/most of the installers in my area.

it's all about control, i have worked at bettering my methods of application (thanks to kiril's posts) and feel that although not perfect we are doing our part. :)

irritation
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I find most are not willing to water properly, it may not be a bad design at all.

TuffWork
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
We had an extremely bad drought last year, and did not have any luck with watering. However, we have extremely hard water that's treated with lots of chlorine and who knows what else. After a while there were so many chemicals in the soil that watering seemed to not do any good. Mowing for us went from 25 lawns a day to 10. I just told the guys to look for employment elsewhere and suffered through mowing 10 a day by myself.

cgaengineer
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
I find most are not willing to water properly, it may not be a bad design at all.

This is the norm around here...
Posted via Mobile Device