PDA

View Full Version : Pro c timer/ lighting

duckworth
08-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Has anyone used pro c irrigation timer with lighting upgraded option?

Lite4
08-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Ive seen the option but never used it. You probably won't find too many who have since it is easier to simply place a timer or other control device within the transformer itself rather than run an additional wire to a seperate controller.

GreenI.A.
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
you can run the Pro C as a timer? I don't know how many I have installed and have never realized you could do this. Maybe one of these times I should actually look at the manual.

The Lighting Geek
08-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Before they had the lighting control add ons for irrigation timers, people used to use 24volt relays similar to a sequencer. The problem is, in the winter all the landscapers would turn off the clock to save water and then turn off the lighting. In most cases, we ended up removing the relay and installing a timer instead.

There was a local landscaper who used these relays all the time and he has since quit using them because of the service calls.

GreenI.A.
08-14-2012, 07:22 PM
After I posted I looked on the Hunter website and read up on them. I really don't see the point of them at all.

S&MLL
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
If you do the lighting and Irrigation at the same property it makes somewhat sense for maintenance.... With an irrigation remote you could turn the lights on and off remotely.

Other than that seems easier to just use stand alone timer

S&MLL
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
I thought the irrigation guys used the pump start relays........ Arent they just 24/120 volt relays?

GreenI.A.
08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
If you do the lighting and Irrigation at the same property it makes somewhat sense for maintenance.... With an irrigation remote you could turn the lights on and off remotely.

Other than that seems easier to just use stand alone timer

I didn't think of the use of a remote.

S&MLL
08-14-2012, 11:09 PM
We have a bunch of systems with abt setups. Maintenance is a breeze on those
Posted via Mobile Device

The Lighting Geek
08-15-2012, 11:43 AM
We have a bunch of systems with abt setups. Maintenance is a breeze on those
Posted via Mobile Device

We use them too and I agree it is simple for us and the homeowner.

sprinklerchris
08-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Ive seen the option but never used it. You probably won't find too many who have since it is easier to simply place a timer or other control device within the transformer itself rather than run an additional wire to a seperate controller.

Exactly. Why deal with the extra wiring to tie the transformer to a temperamental irrigation clock?