PDA

View Full Version : Barricade or Specticle?

GALAWN
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
About to begin pre-m in a couple weeks on bermuda and zoysia lawns. Have no fescue lawns or even any lawns next to fescue. I've heard mixed things about Specticle but all the bigger lawncare companies are going with it this year that I know of. What are some thoughts on this? Anyone personally used specticle on bermuda? It is supposed to do well at one application. Thanks for the input.

Brett Thomas
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Specticle works very well
Posted via Mobile Device

WestGaPineStraw
08-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Use dimension or prodiamine. Specticle not that great.
Posted via Mobile Device

greendoctor
08-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Specticle can be very hard on bermuda if applied at max rate in one application. I am talking root pruning to the point that it thins out the grass. Consider the long half life of the product as well. Applying it as the weather turns cool lengthens that active life as well as increasing the stress on grass going dormant.

ArTurf
08-12-2012, 10:25 PM
About to begin pre-m in a couple weeks on bermuda and zoysia lawns. Have no fescue lawns or even any lawns next to fescue. I've heard mixed things about Specticle but all the bigger lawncare companies are going with it this year that I know of. What are some thoughts on this? Anyone personally used specticle on bermuda? It is supposed to do well at one application. Thanks for the input.

What are you applying pre for, poa, winter annuals? Considered using simazine?

GALAWN
08-14-2012, 01:28 PM
First year of business. Other companies I've worked for have used barricade with mixed results. Is Simazine simtrol? We used to use that once the grass was dormant but thats not until November here in ATL and Poa germinates in mid Sept here.

LLandscaping
08-14-2012, 06:21 PM
We use prodiamine and pendi. We alternate between the two usually one in the fall and the other in the spring. We mainly treat zoysia and some bermuda. We have had issues this year with broadleaf weed during the summer. Do you apply a fully rate of barricade or split apps? Is it most effective in spring or fall?

WestGaPineStraw
08-14-2012, 07:23 PM
First year of business. Other companies I've worked for have used barricade with mixed results. Is Simazine simtrol? We used to use that once the grass was dormant but thats not until November here in ATL and Poa germinates in mid Sept here.

We use simazine for post control only. It only has a max of 4 weeks of pre control with our clay soils.
Posted via Mobile Device